Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid over $350 million directly to creators on our platform, and our user base has doubled in the last year alone. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a senior executive leader to manage our Human Resources, Human Resource Operations, and Talent functions.
What you will do:
- Build and execute on People vision and strategy. Collaborate with our executive team, cross-functional leaders, and the People team to set and drive initiatives that build value for creators, create growth for Patreon, and foster development for employees. Build and lead a People team that supports Patreon through rapid growth and is a voice for employees at the executive level.
- Drive high performance. Build an outcome focused culture of high performance. Design and iterate on performance management systems as the company scales to help managers identify high and low performers, make meritocratic promotions, and reward impact.
- Develop leaders. Build systems to ensure passionate, motivated, and skilled managers throughout the company. Provide coaching and feedback to existing managers and setup new managers for success with training and onboarding programs. Scale professional development programs to help our employees build their skill sets, driving employee retention and satisfaction.
- Cultivate Inclusion. Collaborate with the executive team, our D&I steering committee, and leaders across the company to build a uniquely diverse company where people feel a profound sense of belonging. Drive Patreon's D&I vision and build a truly diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- Build culture. Create a culture of creator centrism, urgency, feedback, candor, and accountability. Build Patreon’s Core Behaviors into all recruiting, performance, recognition, compensation, and feedback systems at Patreon, keeping our employees enthusiastic and passionate about their practical applications. Help scale and maintain our culture across multiple offices as Patreon expands.
- Build compensation and benefits systems that attract and retain world class talent. Create equitable and competitive compensation and benefits packages. Develop company-wide leveling and career development systems that foster productivity and fairness. Regularly audit our compensation and career development systems for fairness and competitiveness.
- Recruit world class talent. Build scalable systems to attract, assess, and recruit world-class talent. Develop strategies to improve employer brand. Measure and deliver on company diversity and inclusion goals. Implement training for interviewers and hiring managers to keep a high bar while fostering inclusive hiring practices.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.