Patreon is looking for a business development and partnerships leader to drive strategic and consultative relationships with Creators, Talent Management Agencies, Networks and other Industry Contacts.
The Creator Partnerships Lead will be responsible for identifying and establishing strategic partnership opportunities with key creator organizations. Additionally, the Creator Partnerships lead would consult with Creator organizations regarding a successful launch for their membership business. The Creator Partnerships lead would also be responsible for internal and external evangelism for creator needs internally and serve as an ambassador for the Creator Partnerships' team, our mission, and our consultative engagement capabilities.
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art and connecting with their biggest fans.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
What you would do:
- Develop scalable processes and frameworks to identify, recruit, and partner with the world’s most influential creators to launch their membership strategy and to move Patreon up-market over time.
- Drive relationships with creator representative organizations and create unique business models with these organizations to better recruit creators.
- Serve as a thought-leader at industry events and in strategic pitch conversations with talent managers, agents and influential creators.
- Be the voice of our target creators within Patreon and ensure we build products that serve the needs of established creators building businesses around their art.
- Coordinate work cross-functionally (product, marketing, support) to ensure launches are successful through experimental publicity campaigns regarding notable creator launches
- Develop a consultative engagement process and work to scale our consulting practice across the organization.
Skills you possess:
- Partnerships Expertise: You are an expert business development / partnerships representative and thrive on strategic partnership engagements and have the skills to effectively drive partnership engagements forward. 5 - 7 years of partnerships experience or other applicable experience (Media, Consulting, Program Management, Business Development, Sales, Technology).
- Networking: You can get Patreon in the door with influential creators and can craft relationships and compelling narratives with organizations that work with creators. You have a deep understanding of the creative landscape
- Communication: You are able to serve as a thought-leader through clear, concise communication and deep understanding of the changing business models in the creative ecosystem. You understand the importance of documentation and organization.
- Cross-Functional Alignment: You can effectively advocate the needs of creators in a high-paced technology environment. You write clear, concise reports about takeaways from your learnings in the field. You respect teammates time and operate as a strong corporate citizen to help other teams meet their objectives.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Business Outcome Focused: You boil projects and objectives down to their business outcome and execute diligently towards strategic business outcomes.
- Forecasting: You are detail-oriented and enjoy working with data. You can help Patreon predict future growth.
- Core Behavior Ambassador: You exemplify Patreon's core behaviors and influence others around the organization.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- This is an amazing opportunity to be a driver of the shift in the way creators get paid for their art.
- You will own the successful acquisition and launch of key creators on Patreon's platform.
- You will have the opportunity to grow and scale the Creator Partnerships function at Patreon
- You will build deep relationships across the organization.
- You will learn and codify how to help creators grow their business, how to drive strategic partnership relationships with creators.
- You will get to interact with interesting and influential creators across a variety of creator categories.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work