We are looking for someone to fill a new position as Assistant Office Manager. This is an amazing opportunity to join an innovative company. This role is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and helping to maintain our facilities. You will also be responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. We are looking for someone that is extremely organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task – all under pressure.
- Maintain kitchen for thriving, fast paced company (e.g. Maintain and monitor coffee machines and order/receive weekly Peapod delivery).
- Keep tight inventory on all food/office supplies (e.g. take a regular inventory and adjust supply ordering to met changing needs)
- Maintain cleanliness of office – including but not limited to daily cleaning of white boards in conference rooms, ensure chairs are arranged in an organized fashion, straighten up all common areas
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Greet all guests and coordinate with internal parties to ensure a friendly and efficient hand-off
- Assist with conference room set up for client/board meetings
- Manage all incoming UPS/FedEx deliveries
- Coordinate/Manage catered lunches on Fridays (e.g. oversee set up and vendor management)
- Assist with local errands (picking up business card orders, post office runs etc.)
- Assist with any special projects or last-minute requests
Additional Information and Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Proficiency in all of the above is a requirement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds. You will also be asked to adjust tables, move chairs and other furniture on a daily basis to ensure the office and all conference rooms have a neat and orderly appearance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, the regular schedule is: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position is not eligible for working remotely.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of previous office management experience
- Competent verbal/written/telephone and computer skills
- Initiative – Must be able to spot opportunities for improvement on the fly and be resourceful in finding ways to address issues without supervision
- Leadership – Must be able to demonstrate a cool and calm demeanor when managing internal and external stakeholders while always exhibiting a “can do” attitude
- Time Management – Must be efficient with use of time and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Decision Making – Must be able to make independent judgements without input from others
- Communication Proficiency – Must regularly and proactively communicate the status of projects and/or issues to the correct audience
- Exceptional organizational skills – Must be maniacal about organization and the challenge of organizing others