You’re a respected leader and a sought after collaborator. You have have a track record of designing useful, usable and delightful software solutions in complex domains, and seeing that work through from concept to implementation. Your knowledge of UI and UX patterns is broad and deep. Breaking work down into smaller chunks and working within an agile, iterative design process so progress can be made quickly and work can be distributed across a team is something you’ve done multiple times. You’re a skilled communicator and presenter who’s great at working with stakeholders and getting a diverse audience excited about your vision. Change and ambiguity are things you’re used to dealing with, so you’re naturally flexible and adaptable given the needs of the organization, project or team you’re working with. You’ve got a team mindset. Helping to build, manage and coach a highly productive, engaged team is something you love doing.
You’ll be focused on crafting and refining the overarching design vision for the team who’s working to insure we’re helping our members:
- Find value quickly, starting at sign up
- Connect with their community to get social support and share practical advice
- Build a data donation habit and understand how sharing data can help them and others learn today, while contributing to meaningful research in the future
Fast forward one year, here’s the type of work you and your team will have helped to advance:
- New members know how to get started, what to do next and have a clear sense for what PatientsLikeMe has to offer them, and what they can contribute in return.
- We’re consistently highlighting fresh, helpful, engaging content in our newsfeed, much of it generated by other members. As a result, people keep coming back to see what’s new.
- Connections between members are on the rise, and the interactions and notifications they’re leading to are bringing them back to the site even more often.
- Patients can find answers to their questions. Useful content is easy to find and consume, and more members are answering each other’s questions.
- People can see the impact their participation is having within the community. They feel like their contributions are being recognized, and as a result, participation rates are on the rise.
- We’ve improved the usability and utility of the tools we offer to patients. It’s easier for them to learn about themselves, see patterns in what’s affecting them, and share key details with their healthcare providers and other patients looking to learn from their experiences over time.
Here’s what else has happened because you joined our team:
- When teammates and colleagues have a question about a tricky interaction design challenge, how to structure an effective meeting or design session, or what we should tackle next, they want to hear your point of view. You’ve demonstrated expertise and good judgement. You know current best practices and have a well-informed point of view about how to design changes that will have a measurable impact.
- You’ve helped us build a happy, energized team, thanks in part to your leadership, people management and coaching skills.
- Teammates across the organization keep talking about how much easier the site is to use and how much more consumer-friendly and engaging the experience has gotten.
You’ll be able to hit the ground running if you…
- have 7+ years designing software for a consumer audience, bonus points if some or all of it has been in the healthcare space
- have experience designing responsive web apps and/or mobile apps
- can show the impact your designs have had on key business metrics
- are able to show how you’ve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and quantitative metrics
- have been responsible for hiring and managing direct reports
- are experienced at creating data visualizations
You want to work on something that makes a difference.
PatientsLikeMe is a real-time research platform and the world’s largest personalized health network, working to bring the patient voice to research, development and public policy. With over half a million members, PatientsLikeMe is a trusted source for real-world disease information, and its patient-generated data form the basis of more than 100 peer-reviewed scientific studies. PatientsLikeMe is now a central part of iCarbonX's Digital Life Alliance, whose partner organizations work in collaboration to reach a deeper understanding of the medical, behavioral and environmental factors that can accelerate disease or optimize health.
Sound like a good fit? If it does, we’d love to hear from you!
Please complete the application here by including your: Resume and cover letter that includes a half-page write-up of your most significatnt design accomplishment and what area(s) of focuse sound like the best fit for you.
Please also include your portfolio. There are sections below to either attach a PDF or provide a link to your online portfolio.