We're looking for a Senior Member Communications Manager to join our team to create and manage high impact, relevant content that supports member journeys and experiences. You’re a storyteller, a go-getter, a consumer focused guru, strategic thinker and manager extraordinaire. You like to help create and understand the end-to-end consumer lifecycle so that you know exactly how your communications fit in. You shine and thrive as both an individual contributor or manager.
So where does this role fit on the team?
You’ll be reporting to the Director of Member Communications and working closely with our Member Program Managers to understand what engages different PatientsLikeMe communities. Together, you’ll build relevant member experiences, journeys and campaigns; from consumer and brand building, to specific community and research journeys. Our Member Program Managers will drive insights through data and you’ll be there with your content and communications expertise.
Our team is dedicated to putting patients first by creating engaging experiences and communicating with them at the right time and in the right way. Whether we’re delivering value to our partners by capturing real-world patient reported data, or improving the overall experience for PatientsLikeMe members, you’re going to be there to make it happen.
- Work as part of the Marketing and Communications team, reporting to the Director of Member Communications
- Become a company champion and immerse yourself in the brand voice. If it’s content and copy, you are there to ensure that the PatientsLikeMe voice shines through
- Partner with Program Managers to understand how members are engaging on the website today and where there are strategic opportunities for engagement growth
- Work with Program Managers to develop engagement life cycles and journeys that are specific to those strategic opportunities
- Tap into a team of copywriters to produce relevant content that supports all engagement and communication efforts, whether they are client driven or internal strategic initiatives
- Produce headlines, body copy and long-form copy for a bunch of different channels (web, email, mobile, blog entries, newsletters, video, print, social etc.)
- Create, edit, proofread and provide feedback on written material
- Build and manage communication calendars that inform the timeliness of member journeys and campaigns
Skills and requirements:
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, Health Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- 8 to 10 years of content creation and content management experience (bonus points if it was for health and wellness)
- Track record of effective team management with an ability to scale resources as needed.
- Experience taking complicated info & concepts and making them relatable, approachable, friendly and easy to digest.
- Ability to vary up the tone, language and style depending on the audience. (B2B, B2C and PatientsLikeMe2Members)
- First-rate storyteller that delivers the right content to the right people in the right format
- Equally as effective as an individual contributor or manager
- Capacity to command a room, present out and lead productive group meetings
- Comfort with taking qualitative and data-driven feedback and converting those insights into informed action
- Love to get feedback from multiple sources and integrate into a final product
- Can roll with the punches to meet competing, and sometimes changing, deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Killer attitude and a true team player (not just a footnote but part of who you are)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and experience with content management systems (like Contently)
- Interest in, or an interest learning about, healthcare
- A portfolio (to be presented) that represents a diverse body of creative communications
Note: this position is based in Cambridge, MA
PatientsLikeMe is a free online community for all patients with any life-changing condition. Members create profiles with detailed health data -- think treatments taken, symptoms experienced, diagnosis history and more -- and share those experiences with the entire community. The end result? Patients taking control of their own disease while helping other patients and contributing to research. Featured in New York Times Magazine, BusinessWeek, CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, and WIRED, the Cambridge-based company is a for-profit that's disrupting medicine by putting patients first. We're the world's largest personalized health network, and have worked with every major pharmaceutical company and a range of government organizations to bring the patient voice to research, development and public policy. With 500,000 members, PatientsLikeMe is a trusted source for real-world disease information and a clinically robust resource that has published more than 100 research studies.