PatientsLikeMe has an exciting opportunity for a data-passionate engineer. Our Data Engineering team is an energetic, multi-disciplinary team partnering with Data Scientists, Clinical Data Managers, Research Scientists, Engineers and many others at PLM. We think about the process of getting good data and all of the potential opportunities for use in advancing our research and patient impact. If you are a great software engineer who likes to focus your talents on creative data capture and manipulation and would like to use your skills to advance analysis of clinical data you might be a fit for our team!
Areas of Responsibility
- Design and build software tools for data processing, analysis, and reporting, for use by data managers, data science, and research to automate their workflows
- Create data flow models and “business logic” for large-scale digital health studies using software and third-party clinical data management systems, in collaboration with clinical data managers, researchers, and other stakeholders
- Implement data cleaning software and processes used for ensuring data integrity and identification and remediation of “bugs” in logic and software
- Build digital health data reporting functionality (automated, self-service, and manual) to support research and clinicl operations
- Administrate third-party electronic data capture systems used for clinical data management (e.g., OpenClinica)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or Analytical field of study.
- 5-8 years relevant professional technical experience in areas such as data science, data engineering, or software engineering with a data focus; health or clinical data preferred
- High proficiency with relational databases (Postgres preferred) and queries (SQL preferred)
- Experience creating complex scripts that process data (Python, R, Bash, etc.)
- Experience developing software tools for data monitoring, reporting, and analysis in a general-purpose programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Passion for data integrity; close attention to detail
- Deep understanding of complex processes and their representation/implementation in code
- Ability to monitor and evaluate the performance of complex processes; considering What happened? What should have happened?
- Ability to communicate process performance to cross-functional stakeholders
Other Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Experience with OpenClinica or similar electronic data capture (EDC) system is highly desirable.
- Experience with SalesForce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is preferred but not required.