PatientsLikeMe is a real-time research platform and the world’s largest personalized health network, working to bring the patient voice to research, development and public policy. With over half a million members, PatientsLikeMe is a trusted source for real-world disease information and its patient-generated data form the basis of more than 100 peer-reviewed scientific studies. PatientsLikeMe is now a central part of iCarbonX's Digital Life Alliance, whose partner organizations work in collaboration to reach a deeper understanding of the medical, behavioral and environmental factors that can accelerate disease or optimize health.
Role and Responsibilities
At PatientsLikeMe, Product Managers work as part of a cross-functional team including Software Engineers and User Experience Designers and Researchers to create and continuously improve our software to deliver a positive and engaging experience for our users while collecting information to advance our mission. We are looking for a new Product Manager to help us grow our team and drive results for our Member Experience; this person will be asked to:
- Design Great Solutions:
- Understand how to use data to evaluate opportunities, analyze the product impact, and rationally structure the world around us to deliver excellent software products.
- Work closely with UX Designers and assist with User Research efforts to create experiences that best meet our users needs and achieve research objectives.
- Drive for Results:
- Rapidly break down objectives into plans with specific actionable steps
- Manage the software development process or otherwise deftly juggle tasks
- Prioritize, manage inevitable scope creep, and understand when it’s “good-enough”
- Keep a team motivated and on track, resolve disputes, and deliver projects on schedule.
- Engage Others:
- Empathize and see the perspective of a wide range of others who are not you
- Understand the user that we are designing for
- Facilitate trade-off discussions between different stakeholders: marketing, research, engineering, design, etc.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately in writing, in visuals, and face-to-face
- Continuously Improve: teach others, learn from others, give and receive feedback, and work well with everyone throughout
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience. Concentrations in Engineering, Computer Science and other analytical or technical fields desired.
- 3-6 years professional experience, preferably in a field related to software development
- 2-4 years product manager experience
- Experience in mobile app development desired but not required.
- Experience managing an Agile team
- Experience in talking to users about your product.
- Comfort with talking to people cross-functionally at varying levels of the organization
- Passion for digital healthcare and eagerness to change healthcare by putting patients first; experience in this arena is preferred, but not required.
You’ll be good for this role if you:
- Love solving puzzles or overcoming problems
- Feel comfortable asking questions and digging into the why
- Prefer to work with a TEAM and utilize the different skills of those around you
- Organize your world, with whatever tools make sense to you; rarely “drop the ball” even when there are many balls in the air
- Can be the decisive one when your group is trying to decide where to go to dinner, or are at least the one who surfaces the criteria you should be using to decide
- Like to create things and see the output of your work