PatientsLikeMe is looking to add a Senior Accountant to our Finance team. If you are looking for a role where you can use your Financial and Accounting experience, drive, attention to detail and passion for improving process to help a team and a company grow and improve processes this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Through our recent investments with iCarbonX and partnerships with major pharmaceutical companies we are poised for growth and excited for our next chapters.
Ideal candidate for the Senior Accountant role, will have a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial activities, including month, quarter & year-end closes, journal entry preparation, reconciliations, variance analyses, analyses and reconciliations to support financial statement preparation, management reporting, financial reporting, and other special projects.
This is a full-time position located in Cambridge, MA.
- Perform monthly financial close activities for PLM
- Analyze income statement accounts
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations, analyze balance fluctuations for different accounts and financial elements over multiple periods
- Work to create and maintain internal control documentation and checklists to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; support audits of compliance.
- Involved in various accounting and reporting projects by collaborating with team members, other departments, and business leaders
- Provide accounting support for moderately complex new business initiatives from a GAAP prospective
- Resolve accounting discrepancies to prevent control deficiencies and material weaknesses in internal controls
- Provide accounting support to business partners
- Perform monthly operations reporting
- Identify, recommend and initiate process improvements and enhancements
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Review budget and forecast analyses and trends, partnering with other departments to streamline budgeting and forecasting process.
- Strong familiarity with U.S. GAAP principles
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Experience with NetSuite or other web-based software preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or finance required
- Experience working and coordinating with others cross-functionally
- MS Office Professional suite, particularly Excel, required