As a member of the Customer Strategy and Value team you will drive excellence and value in innovative projects and strategic partnerships with life sciences leveraging various capabilities and program areas on the PatientsLikeMe platform. This is a newly created position at PatientsLikeMe intended for a leader passionate about improving the patient experience and working directly with life sciences partners in a fast-paced and growing organization.
This is an immediate need based in Cambridge, MA.
Primary responsibilities and expectations include:
- Co-design, execute and manage research projects and platform-based programs in partnership with life science companies; initially focusing on business units in R&D, Medical Affairs and Market Access. Specifically:
- Assess clients’ challenges and opportunities for including the patient voice (experience, perspectives and needs) in research and core operations e.g., Target Product Profile, Clinical Trial design, Market Access
- Collaborate with Business Development and other functional expertise at PLM to define scopes of work and implementation plans that achieve value for patients, clients and PLM
- Identify and work to resolve gaps in delivery and drive evolution of operations and infrastructure of commercial team
- For large strategic partnerships, manage multi-year goals, governance, performance measures and varied portfolios with a view to expanding TCV
- Co-design and innovate value and success measures of projects and the partnership centered on business and patient benefit
- Oversee and ensure excellence in execution of projects and the delivery of high-impact business insights and recommendations, meeting PLM revenue goals
- Build and extend relationships across senior executives in life sciences
- Identify solution areas with potential for repeatability and development with other teams
- Understand and build knowledge/skills to use PLMs growing molecular and computational capabilities
- Support Business Development efforts with expertise in client meetings, strategic guidance, leads, and development of scopes of work in select clients.
- Thought leadership, representing PLM in key conferences, press and client events
- Deep commitment and passion around improving the patient experience, care and outcomes
- Demonstrates agile professionalism and seeks high-growth professional experience and opportunity for accelerated learning in the cutting edge of patient-led health system change
- Able to thrive in situations with high ambiguity, complexity and conflicting priorities
- Places high value on collaboration and working towards team goals and raising value within and beyond PLM
- Deep interest required, experience preferred in processes related to business transformation, commercial innovation and change management
- Excellent communicator verbally and in written content. Able to deliver hard-hitting insights that drive business value in a compelling way (story-telling and information design skills a plus).
- 10 + years of experience working in a consulting, business analyst, analytics or other similar role that was client facing (in a particular industry?)
- Masters-level or above health sciences degree (MS, MPH, PhD, etc) preferred, or other advanced degree (e.g., MBA) combined with strong biopharma experience.
- Experience with clinical research and/or HEOR a plus
- Demonstrated experience at managing complex, multi-layered relationships with clients and other partners and finding alignment across mixed goals, timelines, incentives and barriers and success perceptions
- Must enjoy and have experience working with life sciences companies
- Strong knowledge required, domain expertise preferred in several areas related to health technology, bioinformatics and medical research (e.g., sensors and wearables, media and devices, internet of things, cognitive technologies, predictive analytics among others)
PatientsLikeMe, the world’s largest personalized health network, helps people find new options for treatments, connect with others, and take action to improve their outcomes. The company has worked with every major pharmaceutical company and a range of government organizations to bring the patient voice to research, development and public policy. With 500,000 members, PatientsLikeMe is a trusted source for real-world disease information and a clinically robust resource that has published more than 100 research studies. Visit us at www.patientslikeme.com or follow us via our blog, Twitter or Facebook.