PatientsLikeMe needs a visual designer to join our team! Reporting to the Sr. Visual Designer, you will work to make sure we’re delivering the maximum value to our members in the most delightful ways possible, while also supporting the research goals of the organization. If you're an ideal candidate, you know how to make things happen in a fast-paced environment. You're good at working from and evolving a style guide to create beautifully crafted interfaces from rough sketches and wireframes. Colleagues would describe you as an awesome collaborator and creative partner. You geek out on working in challenging domains and solving tough design problems. And of course…you get excited about the the idea of patients working together to improve healthcare.
- Take sketches, wireframes or user flows and translate them into beautifully crafted pixels
- Collaborate with interaction designers to ensure simple & consistent screens that pull from existing patterns in our style guide, or extend it when necessary
- Collaborate with members of the marketing team to develop engaging landing pages, email templates, and sign up experiences
- Work with developers to balance ideal visual expression with implementable CSS & responsive design solutions
- Create data visualizations that make complicated information easy to understand
- Document and update design patterns and style guides as they evolve
- Craft polished icons when needed
- BA/BS degree in design-related field
- 2-3 years designing web apps or mobile software products
- A strong eye for layout, color, typography and iconography
- A portfolio demonstrating intelligent problem solving and the ability to execute beautiful and usable interface designs
- An understanding of what makes a design (especially yours!) useful, usable and delightful
- The ability to articulate the "why" of your design decisions as well as a willingness to give and respond to constructive criticism
- Fluent in Photoshop and Illustrator
Bonus points for the following:
We’re more interested in design fundamentals than in specific domain or platform knowledge, but we especially love candidates with experience designing any of the following:
- Responsive web sites
- Native mobile apps
- Motion design (using subtle animation to make experiences more engaging)
- Interaction design skills
- Form design
- Products for healthcare consumers and clinicians
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Any knowledge of CSS and front-end Web technologies will also earn you points with your future engineering colleagues. Ability to prototype using them is a double bonus.
Competitive salary, stock options, 20 days paid time off, 11 holidays, 5 sick days, flexible schedule, health and dental, ping pong, weekly free lunch and a company discussion/presentation — usually by industry leaders in health and technology. Your teammates are also musicians, home-brewers, artists, gardeners, athletes and all-around great people.
Learn more about life at PatientsLikeMe here.