A career at PatientsLikeMe means you’re part of the world’s largest personalized health network, helping people find new options for treatments and take action to improve their outcomes. We’re now part of the Research and Development unit in the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a Fortune 5 organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
PatientsLikeMe is seeking a Health Copywriter/Editor to join our small but mighty team who crafts and reviews content that engages patients living with chronic disease and provides relevant and meaningful opportunities to learn, connect, and improve their health outcomes.
You’ll be playing an important role in defining, crafting, reviewing, and revising content that represents the PatientsLikeMe brand (authentic, credible, empathetic) and supports the patient in their health journey across a variety of touchpoints including digital, social, video, and experiential.
In this position, you will:
- Develop/manage a robust editorial calendar
- Develop topics/themes and determine appropriate publication format (webinar, video, infographic, etc)
- Create long-form content across a spectrum of healthcare conditions and health/wellness topics
- Be able to write for a variety of media including emails, scripts and infographics – with a keen understanding of how content moves our audiences to take actions to support their health
- Concept and execute ideas for a variety of campaigns, landing pages, online content assets including articles, news stories, and blog posts
- Research and provide creative insight for content related to keywords, strategic goals, and target markets
- Collaborate with external partners and review user-submitted content – all with an eye that it meets our brand, editorial guidelines and content vision
- Seek out opportunities to expand our reach through compelling, channel-specific ideas and messages
To be considered, you will need:
- 6+ years copywriting experience with a focus on creating health and wellness content for patient populations
- A great portfolio of how your writing has made an impact. Samples can include articles, blogs, web pages, social campaigns, emails and print that you’re proud to show off
- Experience developing and managing a robust editorial calendar
- A thoughtful approach – you love the challenge of brainstorming/creating and crafting content that is valuable and differentiated from the heaps of wellness content online
- Experience with best practices of writing and revising for digital/social marketing
- The desire to dig in and find new and engaging ways we can support our audiences to take control of their health
- To juggle, prioritize, move fast but stay thoughtful, be a team-player who’s also a self-starter…and be energized to be part of an exciting movement to help people reach the next stage of connected learning for better health and better living.
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about PatientsLikeMe, visit our website at www.patientslikeme.com