The healthcare system isn’t doing enough for patients, but you can help change that. PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by allowing people to share their health data, track their progress, help others, and change medicine for good. Each time someone shares their experience, they’re helping the next person diagnosed learn what could really work for them, and helping researchers shorten the path to new treatments. At PatientsLikeMe we’re passionate about improving the lives of patients, improving the healthcare system, working on hard technical problems and doing all of this with teamwork. If you want to work with great people in an R&D organization on an initiative that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients’ lives with us!
Who are we hiring?
PatientsLikeMe is looking for a Senior Manager of Biomarker & Biosample Operations to help develop and drive biosample operational strategy across all therapeutic areas and working collaboratively with cross functional therapeutic team leaders in R&D.
Clinical Biosample Operations is responsible for the strategic and tactical operational delivery and execution of all R&D sponsored human biosample acquisition. We are seeking an influential, fearless, and disruptively innovative leader who is looking for the opportunity to evoke change and drive accelerated performance in a highly visible role and fast paced environment. This individual would sit as part of a growing leadership team responsible for driving the operational strategy and tactical execution of all programs and trials within R&D.
What you’ll be doing:
This position reports to the VP, Senior Medical Advisor and works collaboratively with Translational Medicine, Biocomputing, and associated target groups to ensure planning, execution and data delivery of the biosample strategy developed by Patients Like Me in United Health Group R&D.
- Multiplex omic clinical assay outsourcing and oversight
- Clinical biomarker sample management, biomarker data management, and biobanking
- Coordinating operational activities along the value chain to ensure appropriate collection, delivery, and analysis of bio-samples with the highest standards of quality, ethics, and regulatory requirements
- working collaboratively with the translational medicine and biocomputing teams cultivating a positive, collaborative and agile culture
- Liaising with external assay laboratories and a wide range of collaboration partners.
A strong and accomplished leader who is able to drive, develop, and lead teams. An individual who can guide, energize, influence, and motivate people. Someone who can understand and provide input into overall translational medicine strategy, setting operational strategy for sample operations & biobanking. Someone who has excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to swiftly build trust-based relationships with internal and external contacts. Has excellent budget and situational negotiation and conflict management skills. Strategic thinking and analytical skills, quick assessment and excellent judgment; able to identify risks and problems, to develop innovative problem-solving strategies even in complex situations, and to take appropriate measures when required. Novel thinking beyond own function; is familiar with and takes into account overall business objectives and company corporate strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- 5+ years of experience in clinical laboratory and biosample management including multiplex omic analysis
- Significant experience in clinical translational or biomarker work
- Track record of building a new team and capability and implementing a strategic vision in-line with the corporate vision on translational medicine
- Track record of innovative thinking & keeping abreast with latest developments in clinical research methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with other functions in a complex matrixed organization
- Prior experience in leading a team, resource management, talent acquisition, developing employees and fiscal oversight of an Operations Budget
- Industry recognized experience in Translational Medicine Operations (e.g., biosample management)
- Strong project management skills, willing to take on and build efficient business processes, able to identify risks and implement mitigation strategies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive industry network in Translational Medicine areas