The healthcare system isn’t doing enough for patients, but you can help change that. PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by allowing people to share their health data, track their progress, help others, and change medicine for good. Each time someone shares their experience, they’re helping the next person diagnosed learn what could really work for them, and helping researchers shorten the path to new treatments. At PatientsLikeMe we’re passionate about improving the lives of patients, improving the healthcare system, working on hard technical problems and doing all of this with teamwork. If you want to work with great people in an R&D organization on an initiative that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients’ lives with us!
Who are we hiring?
PatientsLikeMe is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Cambridge, MA team. Remote and part-time (3-4 days per week) are possibilities. You'll be building features on our website to enable our patients to engage in their online communities and to submit their health data all in an effort to improve the lives of all our members on our site. You will work on a small team of a few engineers, a product manager, a designer and a QA engineer in a collaborative manner centered around the patient experience. If you are a software engineer who likes to focus your talents on building products that make a difference in patients’ lives, we want to meet you!
More about what you’ll do in these roles:
- Build APIs with Ruby On Rails (we use ActiveRecord and PostgreSQL)
- Build new features on the site with React
- Modify existing features on the site with Ruby On Rails
- Work closely with product and design during the planning and implementation phases.
- Use common Agile processes in a 2 week sprint
More about what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of development experience (ideally in web development, previous Rails experience is not required)
- An individual contributor who will help us build software. We will happily adjust the title and salary based on previous experience
- Willingness to teach and learn
Competitive salary, generous vacation package, flexible schedule, health and dental, parental leave, free lunch once/week and always with a vegetarian/vegan option. Friday Journal Club/Company Presentations — often by industry leaders in health and technology. Your teammates are also singers, cyclists, woodworkers, bookworms, animal lovers, artists, gardeners, athletes, parents, patients, caregivers, and all-around great people.