The healthcare system isn’t doing enough for patients, but you can help change that. PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by allowing people to share their health data, track their progress, help others, and change medicine for good. Each time someone shares their experience, they’re helping the next person diagnosed learn what could really work for them, and helping researchers shorten the path to new treatments. At PatientsLikeMe we’re passionate about improving the lives of patients, improving the healthcare system, working on hard technical problems and doing all of this with teamwork. If you want to work with great people in an R&D organization on an initiative that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients’ lives with us!
Who are we hiring?
PatientsLikeMe is looking for a Principal Front-End Engineer to help lead our front-end efforts. This is a full-time or part-time (3-4 days per week) based in our Cambridge, MA office. We will consider remote locations for the right candidate. You will work with full-stack engineers and other front-end engineers to modernize our front-end infrastructure, build out reusable React components for use across our applications, and implement designs for our products. You will also work closely with Design and Product to evolve our user interfaces.
What you'll be doing:
- Working on our Platform team to help put together a cohesive vision for what our front-end infrastructure looks like, and that includes how it communicates with back-ends
- Helping design a cohesive api framework, specifically integrating graphql and Json-api endpoints
- Evangelizing the style-guide
- Working closely with Design (UX, Visual Designers) for front-end features on our web, mobile web, and native mobile app products
- Helping guide team members to migrate off legacy frameworks (i.e. ember) to current frameworks (React)
- Working to make our website accessible. Previous accessibility experience is not necessary. You can learn about it on the job.
- Have 3+ years web application development experience
- Have experience integrating React or Angular in a traditional server side framework (Rails, Django, etc.)
- Have strong CSS and HTML skills
- Done work for consumer-facing products
- Have experience with responsive web design
Competitive salary, generous vacation package, flexible schedule, health and dental, free lunch 2x/week and a company discussion/presentation — often by industry leaders in health and technology. Your teammates are also musicians, home-brewers, artists, gardeners, athletes and all-around great people.
PatientsLikeMe is a wholly owned subsidiary of United Health Group R&D. Consistent with UHG policies, all new employment at PatientsLikeMe is contingent on candidates passing a drug test within 48 hours of accepting a position. This test currently includes testing for marijuana. Legitimate medicinal marijuana use documented with a medical card is acceptable.