The healthcare system isn’t doing enough for patients, but you can help change that. The team at PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by allowing people to: share their health data, track their progress, help others, and change medicine for good. Each time someone shares their experience, they’re helping the next person diagnosed learn what could really work for them, and helping researchers shorten the path to new treatments. We’re passionate about improving the lives of patients, improving the healthcare system, working on hard technical problems and doing all of this with teamwork. If you want to work with great people in an R&D organization on an initiative that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients’ lives with us!
Who are we hiring?
PatientsLikeMe is looking for a full-time or part-time (3-4 days per week) Associate IT Manager to handle day-to-day internal IT operations. This position reports to an engineering manager in our Cambridge MA office. We are looking for candidates who have some IT experience and are interested in rapidly growing their careers to be a full IT manager, potentially with direct reports in the next year or two. The Associate IT Manager needs to be a team player who can teach as well as learn. We really like working together.
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Managing personal computers, software in our Cambridge MA location
- Deploying machines for new users/upgrades
- User account management
- Troubleshooting user issues
- Ensuring compliance with IT endpoint policy
- Handling technology for large company meetings
These duties will grow to include:
- Vendor management
- Managing network/teleco equipment
- Setting IT policy
- Handling single sign-on/integrations
- Managing Jamf Casper
PLM is a mixed MacOS and Windows environment.
You should have:
- 1+ years experience working in a helpdesk or other IT support role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
Competitive salary, generous vacation package, flexible schedule, health and dental, free lunch 2x/week and a company discussion/presentation — usually by industry leaders in health and technology. Your teammates are also musicians, home-brewers, artists, gardeners, athletes and all-around great people.