PatientsLikeMe is an online health community where members share their experiences and connect with others like them, all while contributing to real-time research. We are excited to be expanding our Customer Support team as part of our continued commitment and dedication to providing our patients with a unique, informative, compassionate space to share and learn more about their conditions. We work to understand, support, engage and improve our patient communities to ensure a great experience for everyone.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join and influence the growth and direction of this team within the organization. You will be leading a small team of customer support associates - serving as the frontline with members, solving problems directly and helping to create and refine processes to deliver the best possible support to the patients on our platform.
If you are someone who is passionate about using technology and people resources to compassionately support end users in the health space we’d love to hear from you!
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves as both a leader and team player as is needed to ensure the success of the team.
- Growing and developing the Customer Support team with scalability, efficiency and service to the patients as top of mind.
- Assess processes as you build and propose new ideas, tools, technologies and workflows as you see opportunity.
- Improve our capacity to use metrics and reporting to better understand our customer support efforts.
- Key responsibilities of the Customer Support Team that you will oversee and participate in:
- Talk directly to our members: answer questions, troubleshoot problems, respond to suggestions and feedback, and help newbies get acquainted with the site
- Know everything about patientslikeme.com and its mobile apps: what you can (and can’t) do easily on our platform, what the main pain points are, and what our members are asking for
- Work in Zendesk and on the PatientsLikeMe platform as well as JIRA, Slack, Microsoft Office Suite, and Amplitude
- Liaise with our Engineering and Product teams to report bugs and test new features, while gathering and relaying data on what we can change for a better experience
- Help document and develop best practices for customer support and the broader community team
- Monitor security filter warnings to block any unwanted or unauthorized accounts and continue to refine such processes around managing site activity
- Work in and across teams in a collaborative manner
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with Zendesk or another web-based customer support tool
- Experience owning and managing processes; experience leading and managing teams a plus but not required.
- Ability to work with and communicate with a diverse group of end users, maintaining professionalism while approaching problems with compassion and empathy
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast and frequently evolving environment.
- Ability to remain cool under pressure when presented with competing priorities and make decisions quickly and completely.