Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence and Analytics
Are you passionate about using data to inform product and business decisions? Do you want to work on a product that makes a positive impact by helping users better manage their health? Join a team of product managers, marketers, designers, and customer experience experts that are using data and design research to make informed decisions that build better experiences and products across web, iOS, and Android technologies, and in the real-world while face to face with our customers.
To be successful, you likely have great analytical skills and problem-solving savviness. You have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and apply your technical knowledge to help your teammates. You will be responsible for how we design and use data analysis tools to increase our scalability, accuracy, and accessibility. A phenomenal team member will regularly bring awareness to opportunities that we may have otherwise gone unnoticed.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be a thought leader in how to use data and product analytics to make informed product and design decisions.
- This will include: identifying the tools and data needed to make better decisions in the future and effectively communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues to educate them about analytics.
- Translate high-level questions such as “What behaviors in our product lead to users finding value and remaining engaged” into well-formed and persuasive recommendations.
- Use internal testing, data and market knowledge and research to evaluate a variety of proposed changes to products, technologies, workflows and user experiences.
- Help standardize program management and product management performance by developing high quality KPI reporting and analyses with concise, objective reporting.
- Utilize your technical skills to work with the tools we have available today. SQL and Tableau are must have skills, but statistical analysis basics and experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Amplitude will also help.
- Be familiar with metrics and techniques used to measure the performance of products and the impact of product changes (retention, cohort analysis, funnel optimization, AB Tests, etc.).
- Be a technical expert today but have the interest in scaling your impact by building out a team and strong business analytics competency in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 8+ years previous work experience.
- Proven ability to understand, analyze, and transform the data we have using SQL and Tableau. Basic statistical analysis and experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Amplitude are desired but not required.
- Familiar with metrics and techniques used to measure the performance of products (retention, cohort analysis, funnel optimization, AB Tests, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work with product managers to design and analyze experiments that measure the impact of product changes.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that relishes problem solving, trouble-shooting and improving processes / tools.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and adapt to frequently changing business needs and directions.
- Effective communication skills to educate subject-matter experts about analytics and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Committed team player with a positive, solution-oriented mind-set.
In January 2017, we formed the Digital Life Alliance that includes the companies iCarbonX, PatientsLikeMe, and HealthTell. Our vision is to fundamentally transform the healthcare & wellness of individuals & communities by unlocking the power of deep & dynamic digitization of biological information. By combining multi-omics biological data, smart device biophysical data and patient’s phenotypic data with artificial intelligence, we will enable a real-time, deep assessment on one’s health and wellness, and deliver a personalized guide and range of products to help people live a healthy, longer life. To achieve our vision, we are developing state of the art multi-omics technology platforms to digitalize biological data and apply insights gained from the process into development of medical and wellness products.
PatientsLikeMe is an equal opportunity employer.