We are looking for someone to fill a new position as Office Experience and Operations Manager. This is an amazing opportunity to join an innovative company. This role is responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of the office experience and facilities in our Cambridge, MA office. As a member of the HR team you are an essential part of the employee experience and functioning of our organization. You will also be responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities. We are looking for someone that is extremely organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task – all under pressure and with an understanding and appreciation for confidentiality and employee experience. You will manage other facilities staff as appropriate including front desk/reception staff who handle mail, visitors, purchasing requests and general maintenance of our facilities. Reports to Global Head of Human Resources in Cambridge, MA.
- Manage and ensure the daily operations of a busy office with mind for employee experience, scalability, long-term planning and budgets.
- As a member of the HR team, partner with HR Business Partners, Recruiting and Benefits teams to ensure experience and facilities contribute to best in class employee and visitor experience.
- We are a growing organization, services and programs need to be developed with scalability in mind and for the maximum utilization of services and equipment.
- Manage staffing of front desk reception. Reception is responsible for mail, phone, visitors, purchasing and daily facilities maintenance.
- Ensure inventory of food and office supplies are met and cleanliness of office is kept at a high standard.
- Main point of contact for vendors of office supplies, food, real estate, deliveries etc.
- Assist with special events and meetings – e.g. coordination of board meetings, company events and parties.
- Coordinate with Office Management contacts in other U.S. offices to ensure consistency in employee experience within the organization and execute national and global meetings and events.
- Assist with any special projects or last-minute requests
Additional Information and Requirements
This job operates in a fun, professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds. You will also be asked to adjust tables, move chairs and other furniture on a daily basis to ensure the office and all conference rooms have a neat and orderly appearance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, the regular schedule is: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position is not eligible for working remotely.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 4 years of previous office management experience
- Experience managing office facilities for 100+ employees.
- Strong skills in all MS Office programs, expense reporting and other scheduling related tools.
- Experience as a member of an HR team is a plus.
- Initiative – Must be able to spot opportunities for improvement on the fly and be resourceful in finding ways to address issues without supervision. Implement in the moment and long-term solutions and opportunities for improvement and increased scalability.
- Leadership – Must be able to demonstrate a cool and calm demeanor when managing internal and external stakeholders while always exhibiting a “can do” attitude
- Time Management – Must be efficient with use of time and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Decision Making – Must be able to make independent judgements without input from others
- Communication Proficiency – Must regularly and proactively communicate the status of projects and/or issues to the correct audience
- Exceptional organizational skills – Must be maniacal about organization and the challenge of organizing others
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirement of internal and external customer; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvement in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.