The health care system doesn't work for patients. But you can help change that. PatientsLikeMe is leading the social medicine space by focusing on the sharing of real-world data. If you want to work with great people for a well-funded startup on a web app that matters, we want to talk to you. Come make a difference in patients' lives with us!
We’re looking for a Senior Cloud Data Architect to help us design and build our overall data platform strategy. The ideal candidate will have the necessary technology, communication and leadership skills to hands-on manage highly visible and complex projects from start to finish. As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will be working across the organization to gather business requirements and required service levels to then develop data storage best practices with realistic project plans to meet delivery objectives. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, which thrives on delivering transformational solutions and maximizing value to the Healthcare system. You will be responsible for designing a strategy that considers requirements around FDA Regulatory (HIPAA, 21CFR Part 11 for example) standards and global security protocols across multiple areas of the business such as; Program Operations, Science Operations, Data Science, Research and Biology. This opportunity will challenge both your technical skills as well as your creativity with an element of fun.
- Establish and maintain data strategy for regulated and unregulated products.
- Work with stakeholders to develop actionable implementation plans
- Collaborate and coordinate across the organization as needed; Regulatory, Bioresearch, Engineering, Product Management, QA/QC, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Legal, Operations
- Establish strong working relationships across the company
- Communicate and document strategy and plans, with regular updates
You might be a match if:
- You have 7+ years of experience with data modeling
- Strong SQL skills and writing ETL processes
- You have working knowledge of data integration technologies and solutions
- You have experience developing for Cloud solutions
- You have experience with big data technologies (Hadoop eco-system)
- You can help direct what needs to be in place during a regulatory audit.
- You are comfortable with ad hoc white board working sessions
- You are good at listening to stakeholder requirements and translating to sound technical solutions that are simple and scalable
- Strong leadership skills particularly the ability to influence stakeholders
- Previous experience in regulated Health Life Science environment preferred.
- Ability to work in a complex, rapidly changing, high growth organization.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work closely with highly technical teams and quickly understand mutli-disciplinary concepts
In January 2017, we formed the Digital Life Alliance that includes the companies iCarbonX, PatientsLikeMe, and HealthTell. Our vision is to fundamentally transform the healthcare & wellness of individuals & communities by unlocking the power of deep & dynamic digitization of biological information. By combining multi-omics biological data, smart device biophysical data and patient’s phenotypic data with artificial intelligence, we will enable a real-time, deep assessment on one’s health and wellness, and deliver a personalized guide and range of products to help people live a healthy, longer life. To achieve our vision, we are developing state of the art multi-omics technology platforms to digitalize biological data and apply insights gained from the process into development of medical and wellness products.
PatientsLikeMe is an equal opportunity employer.