Clinical Software Engineer – iCarbonX Digital Health Alliance (San Ramon, CA)
Our clinical software team is looking for a talented, motivated self-starter to help create a scalable multi-omic clinical pipeline. This position will work collaboratively with R&D, lab technicians, lab operations and other developers to build a suite of tools and software to manage the complete sample to answer process. We are building an unprecedented system as part of the iCarbonX Digital Life Alliance. This role will be involved in developing our systems within HealthTell and beyond in support of the Digital Life Alliance initiatives; this is an excellent opportunity to grow your career in a rapidly growing space with an alliance poised to dramatically impact health for individuals.
- Lead configuration of our CORE informatics LIMS system as we implement NGS, proteomics and more.
- Transform user requirements from assay and product groups into functional requirements and solutions
- Write and perform test scripts for integration testing and validation
- Create scripts to integrate lab equipment (e.g. Hamilton) output into LIMS
Required - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 2+ years’ experience with configuration and testing of LIMS systems
- Experience in a regulated environment (CAP/CLIA/FDA)
- 2+ years’ experience with object-oriented programming languages (Python, Go)
- 2+ years’ experience with relational databases (MySQL, postgres)
- Familiarity with UNIX environments and scripting
- Experience with validation and integration testing
- Strong communication and documentation skills
Required – Education and Experience:
- BS+ in Computer Science or other quantitative field; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus
This position is located in our San Ramon, CA office. Potential to work from San Francisco or Oakland, CA area may also be considered.
About iCarbonX Digital Life Alliance
HealthTell is now a central part of iCarbonX’s Digital Life Alliance along with Cambridge, MA based PatientsLikeMe; this represents an unprecedented ecosystem of leading bio, health networking, sequencing and artificial intelligence technology companies. The alliance is working to combine biological and patient generated data with artificial intelligence technology to more rapidly detect meaningful signals about health, disease and aging, deliver a personalized guide for living a healthy life, and help industry learn even more about how to improve outcomes, and lives.
HealthTell is a well-funded Life Sciences company that is commercializing the ImmunoSignature™ technology for accurate and timely detection, and monitoring progression of chronic diseases. Based on a robust, scalable, proprietary technology, the company will provide the first and only diagnostic platform capable of detecting the presence of disease, stratifying patients, and monitoring disease progression. The ImmunoSignature™ technology is unlike any other, measuring the immune system instead of relying on inaccurate biomarkers or radiographic images. The ImmunoSignature™ Test will enable physicians to detect disease at an early stage, resulting in improved outcomes and reduced healthcare expenditures.
HealthTell is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Clinical Software Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Full Time, Regular
Location: San Ramon, CA