We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer with 4+ years of experience designing apps on open-source platforms. These projects range from emails, customer dashboards, evaluating and integrating with 3rd party APIs, internal dashboards and supporting the content management platform for our customer's websites. This technical and hands-on position requires the individual to have the ability to work with a team and individually contribute to all aspects of the software process: including architecture, specification reviews, unit testing, debugging and implementation on a LAMP stack.
PatientPop is searching far and wide for an awesome Lead Software Engineer! Based in Santa Monica, PatientPop is a Series-A funded startup that is the first practice growth platform for healthcare providers — transforming the way doctors promote and advance their practices. You will be joining an extremely dynamic team. Our hard-working and fun-loving environment offers big/small events, tons of benefits, diverse employee development, a fancy espresso machine, a ping-pong table, generous PTO, and more!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to talk to you.
- Design and code innovative, scalable and robust features on both the backend and the web application layers
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle, from ideation to specification to release
- Collaborate closely with small, nimble, cross-functional teams, product managers and designers
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 4+ years experience employed as a software developer
- Significant experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, C#, PHP or Java. Preferably with a MVC framework such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks.
- Proficient front-end web development skills -- HTML/CSS/JS.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience giving technical mentorship and best practices training to peers
- Prior mentorship experience
- Deep understanding of Agile software development lifecycle
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws , including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.