Lead Engineer (Integrations)
PatientPop is the leader in practice growth with the only all-in-one solution that empowers healthcare providers to improve every digital touchpoint of the patient journey. As experts in the healthcare technology space, PatientPop makes it easy for providers to promote their practices online, attract patients, and retain them for life.
We've grown from a small, scrappy team to a workforce of 500+ driven individuals who are committed to scaling smarter. As we move into our next phase of growth, we're looking for passionate and dedicated people to focus on innovative solutions while ensuring that we maintain superb customer experience. That, in part, means finding highly qualified candidates who want to invest their energy to align with our company's long-term goals.
We are currently looking for a Lead Engineer (Integrations) to join our Technical Operations team. This is someone who balances both Customer Success and Engineering, and enjoys working cross functionally with stakeholders and customers.
Why you're important to us:
Integrations is a primary focus at PatientPop, and the Technical Operations team holds a key role in maintaining the health of our integrated practices through troubleshooting. When a practice has its online schedule integrated with an EMR/EHR/PMS, it improves key performance indicators, decreases churn, increases their average lifetime value, and provides enhanced benefits for the patients that find them online. The Technical Operations team supports internal and external teams through a deep understanding of the integrations logic -- this is necessary to troubleshoot and provide solutions for both the practices and the company.
How you will contribute:
You will train and support Senior Integrations Specialists with advanced troubleshooting for client accounts using engineering tools such as DataGrip/Data Warehouse, AWS Athena, Cloudwatch, API Debug Logger/Kibana, Postman, AWS Redshift, Github and others deemed necessary for resolution within 5 days or less. You’ll own the initial evaluation of integrations engineering tickets by conducting research to determine the scope of integrations issues to assist in defect prioritization. You will also have the opportunity to be proactive in helping automate processes, and helping us understand why things happen.
- Collaborate with the PatientPop Engineering team in JIRA on both EMR Integrations and product issues. Investigate and work to solve EMR Integration and Product issues related to integrations, and participate in R&D meetings related to solving these issues. Conduct research and evaluate malfunctioning integrations and potential solutions, resolve product bugs, and propose code fixes with engineering approval.
- Research and outline solutions to Engineering Teams to assist and prepare them to quickly implement bug fixes. Resolve Integrations JIRA tickets with engineering assistance.
- Partner with external vendors’ engineering teams to evaluate & propose fixes for external support tickets to improve time-to-resolve.
- Handle escalated cases from the leadership team that require engineering assistance.
- Assist with case resolution validation for integrations troubleshooting cases that require engineering and/or external partners.
- Assist the Tech Ops team with day to day processes and general queue management including other projects that may be assigned.
Evaluate New + Existing Integrations Roadmap
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Integrations Engineers and members of the R&D Department on the buildout/configuration of new integrations. Conduct data analysis, evaluate resources needed and determine if build-outs are possible.
- Document and organize integrations-specific product feature requests from customers and internal teams. Assist in the prioritization of feature releases for roadmap and existing integrations based on scope and impact of releases.
Collaborate and share best practices
- Serve as a subject matter expert for our integrations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Own data evaluation and analysis as well as propose product fixes that impact integrations to be planned as part of Engineering sprints.
- Spearhead and own various projects and initiatives that improve company efficiency, improve client satisfaction and reduce client churn.
- Own the development of new tools and workflows to increase departmental performance and mitigate risk, using R&D data.
- Document integration-related engineering processes, SFDC/JIRA case fixes, FAQs and departmental training guides.
- Provide consistent follow-up and communication to internal teams about engineering ticket statuses & time-to-resolve.
Be a detective and product expert
- Consult with engineering to mitigate negative impacts of product and feature releases on integrations, by having an expert understanding of various types of integrations and optimal workflows that are specific to each practice
- Educate other teams on integrations-specific product logic behavior in internal communication systems (slack, email, SFDC cases, etc).
- Own maintenance and troubleshooting of existing integrations performance tools, such as Grafana.
- Set-up and roll out Practice Manager Virtual Machines (UI Sandboxes) to the Technical Operations team. Own maintenance of existing EMR/PMS sandboxes.
- Conduct research about current functionality of our integrations, answer integrations functionality “unknowns” and research expanded integrations functionality.
- Help develop tools, dashboards, reporting and other items that facilitate the team.
Provide excellent customer service
- Work on completing various high-level investigation cases at a time
- You will need to take ownership of every case and reach out to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure you’re communicating what an issue/bug entails and the status of engineering progress on fixes.
- Private practices are busy and can be unresponsive. When required, you will need to communicate with practices when necessary to understand their issues, workflows, etc. and ensure you’re providing the support they need.
You will stand out with:
- Experience in Python, Java or PHP and a passion to learn new language
- AWS Athena and CloudWatch
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- At least 2 years Knowledge/Experience with various EMRs, EHRs, or Practice Management Systems
- API Debug Logger/Kibana
- Writing intermediate to advanced queries in AWS Redshift
- Laravel Logs
- Advanced Jira/Confluence
- Opportunity to create impact
- Ownership and autonomy
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Remote friendly or relocation assistance provided
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- Our HQ is 2 Blocks from the beach, next to the promenade and dog friendly
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.