PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work
How you will contribute:
- Building end to end platform wide projects that impact all of PatientPop’s customers and organizations such as authorization, entitlements, search, etc.
- Discovering emerging technologies or designing new architecture patterns to influence the engineering direction
- Mentoring engineers and maturing the engineering department
Our tech stack:
- Language: Python 3
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo, Neo4j
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda
Skills you’ll bring:
- 15+ years experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years experience with Python or Java using frameworks like Spring or Django
- 5+ years experience with topic based event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ) using techniques such as event sourcing
- 3+ years experience with either Elasticsearch or Neo4j
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) databases
- Experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- Must have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You’re a go-getter and seek ownership of projects with the demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- You love working with some of the best world class engineers, product managers and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Dog friendly
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- Flexible schedule
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.