PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work
How you will contribute:
- Build a universal API for exchanging data around appointments, patients, and scheduling
- Extract data from third party systems using a variety of methodologies such as HL7, FHIR, APIs or web based data extraction and make it available through the Integration Platform
- Provide APIs and integrate PatientPop’s EMR integration platform with other PatientPop products
- Event driven systems and microservices
- API orchestration, routing, and choreography
- Core data services storing HIPAA compliant data for PHI and PII (insurance, patients, providers, practices, etc.)
- Playing a lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of leading-edge technologies, project management and software development.
Our tech stack:
- Language: Node.js, ES6
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Database: Postgres, Dynamo
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda, Fargate
- Other: StepFunction
Skills that will help you be successful in this role:
- 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Node.js, Python, or Java using frameworks like Spring or Django
- Experience with event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational (MySQL, Postgres) and nonrelational (Redis, Dynamo, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hbase)
- Experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented RESTFUL web services
- Must have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems including AWS
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Reverse engineering experience is a plus
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You’re a go-getter and seek ownership of projects with the demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- You love working with some of the best world class engineers, product managers and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Dog friendly
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- Flexible schedule
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.