We are a hybrid, remote-office company dedicated to growing our talent anywhere!
We have onsite locations in: Sioux Falls, SD, Scottsdale, AZ, Troy, MI, Franklin, TN, Dallas, TX
At Pathward, we take tremendous pride in our purpose to create financial inclusion for all™. We are a financial empowerment company that works with innovators to increase financial availability, choice, and opportunity for all. We strive to remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing responsible, secure, high quality financial products.
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. We celebrate, and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
About the Role:
Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and closing new accounts for the company. The BDO will focus on hunting and selling to new customers while building strong relationships within their territory for future business.
Looking to target the following markets: Ohio, Mid Atlantic, and Pacific NW
What You Will Do:
- Acquire and cultivate new business opportunities and analyzes market research data to guide sale efforts.
- Effectively present and explain financial products and value to prospective clients.
- Meet or exceed volume, margin, fee, and cross-sell targets as assigned.
- Establish and maintain a network of referral sources able to identify capital access needs not currentlybeing addressed in the conventional market.
- Obtain required application and financial information from borrowers to facilitate underwriting and closing along with appropriately executed documents.
- Remain up to date on competitors and competitive products.
- Contribute to the company’s overall production, portfolio performance and reputation while striving to meet or exceed individual goals.
- Create, manage, and maintain a pipeline to active sales goals.
- Negotiate and maximize profitability on all new business.
- Partner and collaborate with other departments to maximize customer growth and retention.
- Assists in the implementation of company’s marketing plans as needed.
- Continually refine processes to stay in front of customers in relevant industries.
- Responsible to build and maintain new and current customers relationships. •Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5 - 8+ years’ experience
- Detail-orientated, customer service-minded and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Ability to multitask and stay organized is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated record of success providing professional, solutions-based sales over the phone
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet sales goals & deadlines
- Experience with high call volume (cold calling) is a plus
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.
Don’t have everything listed under qualifications? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single condition. At Pathward, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive culture of belonging, so if you’re excited about this role but your experiences don’t match exactly to everything in the posting we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other Pathward roles.
Who we are:
Our commitment to inclusion is woven into our DNA. We believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Please click here to view Pathward's Applicant Privacy Notice.