We are a hybrid, remote-office company dedicated to growing our talent anywhere!
We have onsite locations in: Sioux Falls, SD, Scottsdale, AZ, Troy, MI, Franklin, TN, Dallas, TX
At Pathward, we take tremendous pride in our purpose to create financial inclusion for all™. We are a financial empowerment company that works with innovators to increase financial availability, choice, and opportunity for all. We strive to remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing responsible, secure, high quality financial products.
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. We celebrate, and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
About the Role:
We are looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to be part of our Enterprise Information Management team to drive and enable our Data capabilities to transform our company into a data-driven-organization through a robust data program.
This role will own architectural responsibilities in defining, designing, and supporting our modern Data Usage Platforms covering our Enterprise Data Catalog, Business Intelligence (BI) tools, and API Platforms. This includes delivering methodologies, programs, processes, standards, organization structure, metrics, and communications in support and growth of our business. This individual will have an opportunity to work in close collaboration with senior business and technology leadership and drive multiple strategic data programs across the organization including definition and implementation of data strategies and roadmaps for the organization.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for operationalizing, facilitating, and promoting programs for multiple Data Usage Platforms (Enterprise Data Catalog, BI, and API) including Governance, Data Quality, Data Security, Data Privacy, Lifecycle Management, Standards and Patterns
- Collaborate, educate, and mentor architects, business, and technical leaders across the firm on modern Data Platform Architecture and usage practices
- Align Data Usage Platform architectures with our business and technology strategy and roadmaps, communicate to business and technical partners across multiple levels within the organization
- Define and implement Data Usage Platform principles, standards, and patterns using established Enterprise Architecture processes and frameworks
- Define and establish technical strategy, standards, and guidelines in the Data Usage Platform architecture domain in collaboration with other architects
- Deliver continuous improvements in data quality through collaboration and education of business and technical experts
- Responsible for architectural effectiveness of Data related initiatives within the organization
- Collaborate within the enterprise architecture and information management team members to ensure a holistic, enterprise scale value delivery for the organization
- Define Modern Data Platform Architecture in support of large, complex and cross capability-area initiatives leveraging public cloud and our Enterprise Data Platforms
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 15+ years of varied experience implementing all aspects of Data Management - Data / Big Data, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Data Platforms, Data Quality, Data Modeling, Data Privacy, Data Governance, Data Integration / ETL, Metadata Management, APIs, and Data Security
- 10+ years of complex enterprise experience leading distributed data architecture efforts with subject matter expertise in varying technology and business disciplines
- 10+ years architecting scalable, secure, and highly available technical solutions
- 5+ years of experience strategizing and implementing end-to-end Data Warehouses leveraging technologies such as Power BI, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, and Talend
- 2+ years of experience in strategizing and implementing cloud data strategies leveraging technologies such as Snowflake, AWS Gateway, or Axway.
- 2+ years of data architecture experience in support of diagnostic, predictive or prescriptive analytics
- 5+ years of banking or financial services domain experience. We will consider experiences in similar or comparable domains as well.
- Prior experience designing and/or optimizing processes to ensure operational excellence
- Prior experience defining data architecture principles and implementing Data Usage Platforms
- Multiple successes driving data architecture in an agile environment
- Experience successfully planning, influencing, and leading architecture initiatives across IT and business organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting and work towards a common goal
- Ability to influence stakeholders to consider alternate viewpoints
- Ability to mentor and coach business and technical resources on Data Usage Platform guidelines and principles
- Strong architecture, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to handle ambiguous, and evolving requirements
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across the organization to influence, inspire and lead others around decisions that propel the organization towards set vision and goals
- Experience with architecture tools like BizzDesign or Lucid Charts preferred
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.
Don’t have everything listed under qualifications? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single condition. At Pathward, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive culture of belonging, so if you’re excited about this role but your experiences don’t match exactly to everything in the posting we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other Pathward roles.
Who we are:
Our commitment to inclusion is woven into our DNA. We believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Please click here to view Pathward's Applicant Privacy Notice.