We are a hybrid, remote-office company dedicated to growing our talent anywhere!
We have onsite locations in: Sioux Falls, SD, Scottsdale, AZ, Troy, MI, Franklin, TN, Dallas, TX
At Pathward, we take tremendous pride in our purpose to create financial inclusion for all™. We are a financial empowerment company that works with innovators to increase financial availability, choice, and opportunity for all. We strive to remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing responsible, secure, high quality financial products.
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. We celebrate, and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
About the Role:
The Capital Markets Analyst will contribute to efforts to identify, evaluate and achieve strategic business opportunities through warehouse lending and new structured finance initiatives in order to optimize the bank’s balance sheet and improve the company’s financial performance. The ideal candidate will be an individual with exceptional drive and energy, who has strong financial, analytical, and operational skills.
What You Will Do:
- Provide analytical and operational support in managing the bank’s warehouse lending business.
- Assist in reviewing warehouse lending term sheets and legal documentation, assessing deal risk and return metrics, preparation of deal approval write ups, and presentations to the bank’s Executive Credit Committee.
- Assist with day-to-day warehouse lending operations including preparing advance / paydown requests and reviewing borrowing base and compliance reporting.
- Develop and execute ongoing controls, mitigation plans, testing, and oversight of the warehouse lending business.
- Perform and present periodic reviews on existing warehouse lending deals.
- Identify and implement new concepts, best practices and approaches related to warehouse lending reporting and operational & credit risk management.
- Lead the development of warehouse lending performance reporting and credit risk management oversight.
- Assist in overseeing all third-party warehouse lending financial and operational audits.
- Assists in the evaluation, structuring and execution of potential new capital markets structured finance opportunities including securitization, whole loan sales and forward flow agreements.
- Assist in structured finance transaction due diligence, financial modeling, risk management and legal documentation.
- Works in a collaborative environment to perform detailed financial analysis and assist in building complex transaction models for new and existing warehouse – structured finance transactions.
- Supports the Chief Investment Officer and Head of Capital Markets in other assigned tasks related to the Bank’s Capital Markets Business.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in capital markets, structured finance, warehouse lending, or investment banking.
- Experience in establishing and overseeing warehouse lending operations a plus.
- FinTech experience a plus.
- Effort to achieve an MBA and / or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is highly recommended and supported.
- Desire to learn or knowledge of Python, Power Query, Power BI, or like software.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and interacts well with other parties.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), critical thinking skills, with attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required and knowledge of financial modeling a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of GAAP and Bank accounting principles.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadline requirements.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.
Don’t have everything listed under qualifications? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single condition. At Pathward, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive culture of belonging, so if you’re excited about this role but your experiences don’t match exactly to everything in the posting we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other Pathward roles.
Who we are:
Our commitment to inclusion is woven into our DNA. We believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Please click here to view Pathward's Applicant Privacy Notice.