We are a hybrid, remote-office company dedicated to growing our talent anywhere!
We have onsite locations in: Sioux Falls, SD, Scottsdale, AZ, Troy, MI, Franklin, TN, Dallas, TX
At Pathward, we take tremendous pride in our purpose to create financial inclusion for all™. We are a financial empowerment company that works with innovators to increase financial availability, choice, and opportunity for all. We strive to remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing responsible, secure, high quality financial products.
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. We celebrate, and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to be part of our Enterprise Information Management team to drive and enable our data capabilities in the transformation of our company into a data-driven organization and help lay the foundations of a robust data program.
This role will own the technical leadership and be part of a Data Engineering team with responsibilities in defining, planning, delivering, and supporting the implementation of our modern data platforms to drive business value and growth. The Principal Software Engineer will be required to perform all Data Engineering development duties including design, development, testing, and documentation with a heavy emphasis on design and architectural decisions.
What You Will Do:
- Leads a Data Engineering team with responsibility for planning, prioritization, architectural & business alignment, quality, and value delivery
- Develops flexible, maintainable, and reusable Data Engineering solutions using standards, best practices, and frameworks with a focus on efficiency and innovation
- Solves complex development problems though good design and practical experience
- Continually looks at ways to improve existing systems, processes, and performance
- Leads and participates in planning and feature/user story analysis by providing feedback and demonstrating an understanding of business needs
- Solves business problems by implementing technical solutions based on solid design principles and best practices.
- Identifies and contributes to opportunities for departmental & team improvements
- Documents software, best practices, standards, and frameworks
- Mentors staff by assisting in providing technical advice, helping with issue resolution, and providing feedback
- Contributes as a subject matter expert in technical areas
- Keeps up to date with current and future changes in tools, technology, best practices, and industry standards through training and development opportunities
- Identifies and leads learning and training opportunities for other team members and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years delivering scalable, secure, and highly available technical data solutions
- 5+ years of experience designing and building Data Engineering pipelines with Talend and utilizing strong SQL knowledge, experience with SQL Server, SSIS, and No-SQL DBs are nice-to-haves
- 3+ years of complex enterprise experience leading distributed Data Engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience in cloud data environments leveraging technologies such as Snowflake
- 3+ years of banking or financial services and products domain experience. We will consider experiences in similar or comparable domains as well
- Multiple successes driving Data Engineering in an agile environment (preferably with Kanban)
- Prior experience designing and/or optimizing processes to ensure operational excellence
- Experience with automated testing capabilities with Data Engineering preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting and work towards a common goal
- Ability to influence stakeholders to consider alternate viewpoints
- Ability to mentor and coach technical resources on Data Engineering guidelines and principles
- Strong architecture, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to handle ambiguous, and evolving requirements
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across the organization to influence, inspire, and lead others around decisions that propel the organization towards set vision and goals
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.
Don’t have everything listed under qualifications? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single condition. At Pathward, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive culture of belonging, so if you’re excited about this role but your experiences don’t match exactly to everything in the posting we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other Pathward roles.
Who we are:
Our commitment to inclusion is woven into our DNA. We believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Please click here to view Pathward's Applicant Privacy Notice.