We are looking for an experienced, data driven growth marketer to expand Pathstream’s reach to the millions of Americans with without access to effective, accessible career education for high-demand digital-skill jobs. Ideal candidates have experience at fast growing B2C companies with a highly-considered purchase (education, luxury goods, etc). You will work cross functionally to develop, launch and measure performance marketing campaigns. You are willing to test and learn by developing multivariate tests to optimize campaigns and the user journey to drive conversions. You are metrics driven, have a bias for action, and are willing to dig deep into data. This is a high-visibility, high-impact position that combines the best of performance marketing and marketing analytics and this role can make a meaningful difference in the lives of our users and partners.
As an ideal Growth / Performance marketing candidate, you are results driven and comfortable developing and leading a data-driven marketing strategy. In particular you’re an expert in managing and optimizing online channels (PPC, SEO, social, email, webinars, etc) to drive growth and are experienced designing and optimizing customer acquisition funnels. You are a scientist at heart and balance marketing and analytics with ease. No job is too big or too small for you and you move from strategist to individual contributor effortlessly. You have experience working cross functionally with product, sales, student success and enrollment teams, and finance. If you’re passionate about data driven marketing, the future of education, and excited about the Pathstream mission to reach non-traditional students with an education that prepares them for the jobs of tomorrow, apply today. This position is based at Pathstream’s headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
WHAT WE DO
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to the jobs in this current economy. We accomplish this by partnering with leading software companies to build college curriculum for emerging digital-skill careers. Our programs are delivered to students through our national network of community college and university partners. We provide full-service support to our college partners including faculty training, 24/7 customer support, and increasingly valuable career and job placement support.
Progress to date:
- Established partnerships with Salesforce, Facebook, Tableau, Asana, and Unity
- Established partnerships with 25+ colleges and universities in 17 states that serve over 1 million students
- Launched our online learning platform — used by over 2,000 students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking education model, as featured in this TechCrunch article
- Closed $12 million in Series A financing in 2019, as featured in this EdSurge article
We’re a tight-knit, hardworking, mission-driven team of ~50 employees who are eager to scale our solution and transform higher education across the United States. See who we are and what we believe in!
- Develop and lead consumer acquisition strategy and conversion across available marketing channels, optimizing for LTV/CAC and other key business metrics.
- Measure and optimize full-funnel, performance marketing initiatives to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver a high return on investment.
- Monitor financial performance, provide budget and forecasting recommendations, and determine how to use resources to execute team goals and deadlines against budget.
- Establish testing strategies to optimize marketing tools, programs, and performance, and serve as an advisor as each new test initiative launches.
- Lead both internal and external teams in the development, execution, analysis and optimization of growth marketing strategies through online media
- Partner with the product team to define user journeys and increase engagement and usage across all funnel stages: signup, install, activation, engagement, and retention.
- Direct B2C and growth marketing leadership experience required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to establish key metrics, implement data tools, and tell compelling stories through data interpretation, while considering the qualitative & quantitative
- Deep understanding of growth funnels and optimization at each stage
- Exceptional project management skills, including an ability to take inputs from a variety of internal and external sources and maintain up-to-date documentation
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technologies and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
- Experience with education and/or other high-consideration e-commerce purchases, enterprise software products, and product marketing desired.
- Solid track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth-oriented company; having designed, developed, and driven overall marketing strategy & execution.
- A natural leader who is self-motivated and inspires your team, embraces teaching or learning opportunities, and provides constructive coaching and meaningful, stretching challenges.
- Experience managing employees with varied levels of experience and expertise
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats - start up experience is a plus, especially experience growing from Series A to Series B.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our product, users, colleagues, business, and world
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.