We are seeking a Director of Software Engineering to build our first Data Enablement group.
We work on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensing systems to make industrial robots smart. As an autonomous robotics company, Path relies heavily on data to inform every aspect of the business, from our learning pipelines to our business analytics. A robust data platform is key to our ability to deliver the highest quality solutions to our customers. This role will play an important part in the future of Path.
Path is a highly technical company, and as such, you will have the opportunity to work your craft while building a team from the ground up. This position requires a wide range of technical and leadership proficiency including the ability to reason and communicate about complex data and software systems at every level of the business. We are seeking a motivated leader, recruiter, and overall champion for Path and the people you will support and develop.
What You’ll Do
- Create an Enterprise Data Enablement strategy and technical vision for Path and then build a team to help execute that strategy
- Develop and support a team of technical leaders and software/data engineers
- Collaborate with Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Robotics, Sensors, and Business Intelligence teams to identify opportunities where edge to cloud advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning can create value
- Analyze and recommend system/software trade-offs to meet the data product's performance, reliability, regulatory, and business objectives
- Lead the development of cross-business and cross-functional data requirements and lead conceptual design activities
- Be a primary stakeholder and contributor to the data governance team
- Track data science industry trends and potential partnerships
- Ensure that new product designs meet system-level requirements, are appropriately featured, robust, and adaptable enough to support product objectives
- Work with technical leadership to allocate system functionality among Path subsystems
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary Agile environment
- Learn and grow with us!
Who You Are
- Expertise in mid to large-scale data platforms and data processing technologies
- Experience in one or more cloud infrastructure tech stacks (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Passionate about data and how it can catalyze a business
- A servant leader who has several years of technical leadership experience
- Experience and passion for leading people
- Growth mindset and thirst for learning
- Excited to work on autonomous robotics systems
- Committed to quality
- Can give and receive feedback
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To continue to keep our team safe as we navigate the pandemic, we are requiring all in office staff to submit and validate their vaccination status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time