Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
The aim of this role is to develop and advance 3D computer vision algorithms and SW systems for a range of real-time applications including SLAM, visual odometry, localization, 3D reconstruction, object understanding, and segmentation.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct applied research across the whole machine perception at the intersections of deep learning and 3D computer vision
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies
- Analyze and improve efficiency, accuracy, scalability, and stability of currently deployed systems
- Collaborate with team members throughout the lifetime of a project, from prototyping to deployed products
- Ability to drive projects to completion in an Agile environment with minimal guidance
- Mentor and coach technical team members
- Drive best practices and processes across the board
Who You Are
- Hands-on experience with CV/AI pipelines, algorithms, statistical methods, and analytics to solve real-world engineering problems
- Hands-on experience with developing, troubleshooting, and validating deep learning models for diverse computer vision tasks (e.g., segmentation, recognition, classification) using PyTorch, TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience in developing, troubleshooting, and validating multi-view geometry and classical 3D computer vision methods for various applications such as point cloud registration and mesh deformation
- Familiarity with state estimation, optimal control, and stochastic optimization in robotics applications
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- 3+ years of research experience, with 5+ years of relevant CV/AI experience in an industry setting
- Proven track record of quality product development from ideation to deployment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, be able to prioritize effectively, and manage a broad set of stakeholders across the business with clear communication
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To continue to keep our team safe as we navigate the pandemic, we are requiring all in office staff to submit and validate their vaccination status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time