Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before in Robotics, AI, and machine learning to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to manage our Robotics team. You will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing. Come solve the hardest problems with the best team on the planet!
What You’ll Do
- Lead a highly motivated group of robotics engineers and researchers to design and apply production-quality algorithms
- Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team in the latest path planning and motion planning approaches, and to introduce new technologies and processes
- Lead Robotics Engineers to accelerate the implementation of state-of-the-art motion planning, localization, and control algorithms for industrial robotics manipulators.
- Drive research projects from start to completion, including conception, problem definition, testing hypotheses, iteration, and finally publication or deployment
- Develop the robotics roadmap and stay up-to-date with new research and novel findings in path planning and motion planning
- Nurture a strong engineering culture, responsible for delivering creative and scalable solutions
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of experience leading and mentoring engineering teams
- 4-8 years of relevant research/work experience building out scalable software for machine learning, motion planning and trajectory optimization, control, and state estimation/SLAM
- You have an advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent years of experience
- You are a leader with a history of developing engineers to use their strengths and have the most impact
- You have experience in path planning and motion planning with constrained optimization applied to robotics algorithm development
- You have proficient programming skills in C++, python, or both
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed startup, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You like the idea of working at a tech startup with all the perks that go with that- free lunch, unlimited time off, team events, and great benefits
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To continue to keep our team safe as we navigate the pandemic, we are requiring all in office staff to submit and validate their vaccination status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time