Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
Our Computer Vision Engineers design and release algorithms into production software and cutting-edge sensor products. The role will focus on fundamentals of vision cameras and 3D sensors, computer vision and graphics, a range of image processing algorithms and high level computer vision topics, convolutional neural networks for visual recognition and both deep learning and classic methods for point cloud applications. You will report to the Sensor Team Lead and will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to
help create the future of manufacturing. Come solve the hardest problems with the best team on the planet!
What You’ll Do
- Develop advanced 3D scanning algorithms, software, and device systems
- Develop high speed, high data density, and high accuracy 3D scanning systems
- Develop CUDA based on Nvidia Jetson platforms for embedded vision systems and applications
- Tackle challenging 2D and 3D computer vision problems such as reflectivity, calibration, image, and signal processing, point cloud, and meshing
- Design and build sophisticated machine vision systems that are robust and easy to deploy and maintain
- Design 3D computer vision and robotics applications such as SLAM and registration
- Work with a wide range of vision sensing and robotics related topics such as optics, lasers, camera imaging and embedded systems
Who You Are
- You have a PhD or MS in computer science, computer vision, robotics, mechanical engineering, or something strongly related to those areas
- You have 3+ years of strong research experience in computer vision algorithms, especially in the fields of multiple view geometry, camera modeling and calibration, stereo camera systems, 3D reconstruction, point cloud processing, meshing, and registrations.
- You have good theoretic background and experience in classic computer vision and imaging processing algorithms
- You are very capable of writing high performance, memory efficient, and multi-thread code in C++
- You are proficient in using Linux and Git
- You have experience in CUDA and GPU programming
- You are familiar with optics, lasers and imaging sensors
- You are familiar deep learning knowledge for the above areas
- You are familiar with SLAM, particle filters and other robotics topics
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To continue to keep our team safe as we navigate the pandemic, we are requiring all in office staff to submit and validate their vaccination status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time