Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before in Robotics, AI, and machine learning to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
As a Principal Research Scientist, you will provide technical leadership and direct research that enables the next generation of intelligent machines to perform advanced manipulation tasks in manufacturing and beyond. Our teams specialize in the areas of machine learning, motion planning and trajectory optimization, control, and state estimation/SLAM. You will have an impact that will be felt across multiple teams within the robotics department, as well across departments at the company.
What You’ll Do
- Lead R&D efforts in the areas of motion planning, control, machine learning, and/or state estimation.
- Design, implement, and maintain new algorithms in C/C++ and Python.
- Develop innovative methods for control, planning and learning algorithms and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with roboticists, machine learning and computer vision scientists, and other engineers to develop novel algorithms for our robotic platforms.
- Participate in collaborative research projects with universities, publish research outputs, and bring in new theoretical perspectives to the team.
Who You Are
- Ph.D., or highly-qualified MS. candidate in computer science, robotics, engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant research/work experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, motion planning and trajectory optimization, control, and state estimation/SLAM.
- Proficient with either C++ or Python, with the ability to rapidly implement and iterate on ideas.
- Good software development experience, including documentation, unit testing and version control.
- Experienced in Git, CMake and other relevant software engineering tools.
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a well funded, venture-backed company, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact.
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To continue to keep our team safe as we navigate the pandemic, we are requiring all in office staff to submit and validate their vaccination status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time