Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
We are hiring for a Systems Engineering Manager to work with our leadership team and staff of multi-disciplinary scientists and engineers to build a world-class systems engineering capability. You will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing.
Beyond your expertise in Systems Engineering, a successful candidate will be innovative, organized, and have technical knowledge in one or more relevant domains. As a player coach, you will have the opportunity to work your craft while building a team from the ground up. This work requires a wide range of proficiency and requires the ability to reason and communicate about complex systems as a whole and at every level of the business. We are seeking a motivated leader, recruiter, and overall champion for Path and the people you will support and develop.
Path believes that a robust Systems Engineering capability is key to our ability to deliver the highest quality solutions to our customers. As we mature as a product development company you will have the opportunity to have a significant contribution. Come solve the hardest problems with the best team on the planet!
What You’ll Do
- Manage, support, mentor, and develop a small team of systems engineers
- Support activities identifying, analyzing, defining, and coordinating user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translating them into technical or operational requirements for the research, development, production, and/or procurement of processes, systems, and/or services
- Analyze and recommend hardware/software/mechanical trade-offs, cost/time/performance trade-offs, and safety decisions necessary to meet the product's performance, reliability, manufacturability/serviceability, regulatory, and business objectives
- Contribute to the risk management activities
- Lead the development of cross-functional requirements and participate in system conceptual design activities
- Support gap analysis between existing scientific methods and engineered solutions and product/market needs
- Perform verification of system requirements and enhancements to include organizing and overseeing tests activities with disparate engineering teams
- Work with engineers and product owners to develop interface definitions
- Ensure that new product designs meet system-level requirements, is appropriately featured, robust, and adaptable enough to support product objectives
- Works with technical leadership to allocate system functionality among Path subsystems
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary Agile environment
- Learn and grow with us!
Who You Are
- Excited to work on autonomous robotics systems
- A servant leader who has several years of systems engineering experience
- Experience and passion for leading people
- Growth mindset and thirst for learning
- Committed to quality
- Can give and receive feedback
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To continue to keep our team safe as we navigate the pandemic, we are requiring all in office staff to submit and validate their vaccination status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time