At Path we work on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. Our transformative technology, like our robotic welding system, enables hardware to do more with less human input.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Technical Writer. The role of the Technical Writer is to act as the bridge, and key liaison between engineering, manufacturing, and operations teams. Our Technical Writer will create, document, and update equipment manuals, specifications, and procedures for our autonomous robotic cells.
This individual’s contributions will be to the cross-functional teams to ensure value-added, critical, and sustaining documentation is done with a high degree of efficacy, detail, and is maintained with the fluid environment of rapid innovation and design. You will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing.
What You'll Do
- Compose instructional documents on our robotics equipment, methodologies, and analytics
- Move step-by-step through robotics topics at various phases with maintenance equipment and controls engineers, taking notes and photographs for new documentation of maintenance processes and technical troubleshooting guides that promote better response, repair and replacement procedures
- Graphically communicate concepts, and critical steps such as motion, action and directions
- Advance changes through the Change Management process to assist the deployment of these new and updated documents through the proper communication channels and documenting revisions as they come
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelors or Associates Degree in Technical Writing, Engineering, Drafting, Technology, Business Analytics, or a related vocational program; and/or equivalent in industrial work experience
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience; with evidence of exceptional abilities in task management, technical aptitude, and attention to detail in technical documentation of procedures, and/or equipment
- You demonstrate experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing
- You demonstrate experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings is a plus.
- You have the ability to work efficiently while managing competing demands and deadlines (simultaneously managing multiple documentation projects); managing workflow through tickets or open work order tracking is a plus
- You have experience creating process documentation that clearly and efficiently communicates concepts, instructions on operation, diagnosing, and technical language
- You have photographic and procedural skills in documenting processes, steps, instructions; and the manipulation of files between photos, diagrams and computer, formatting and editing of digital images, including image size and resolution, color, brightness and contrast, rotation and cropping; and modifying orientation views in various technical ways (isometric, exploded, shading, etc.)
- You have exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with a proficiency in English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- You have experience with SolidWorks, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.