At Path we work on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. Our transformative technology, like our robotic welding system, enables hardware to do more with less human input.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our robotics, computer vision, AI, and machine learning teams. You will report directly to the CTO and cofounder and will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing.
What You'll Do
- Lead a highly motivated group of machine learning, computer vision, robotics, sensors, and AI engineers and researchers to design and apply machine learning algorithms for improving robotic intelligence
- Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team in the latest machine learning and deep reinforcement learning approaches, and to introduce new technologies and processes
- Work with engineers to accelerate the learning cycle through advanced research and the development of a scalable machine learning system and neural network
- Create and apply new approaches to solve computer vision problems in image and 3D data domains, signal processing, reinforcement learning, offline and online motor control and path planning.
- Drive research projects from start to completion, including conception, problem definition, testing hypotheses, iteration, and finally publication or deployment
- Develop the AI/ML roadmap and stay up-to-date with new research and novel findings in machine learning
- Nurture a strong engineering culture, responsible for delivering creative and scalable solutions
Who You Are
- You have 10+ year of experience leading and mentoring engineering teams
- You have an advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent years of experience
- You are an experienced leader with a history of developing engineers to use their strengths and have the most impact
- You have experience in machine learning, deep reinforcement learning, and high performance computing spanning hardware and software
- You have a strong understanding of machine learning approaches and algorithms including experience with Tensorflow, Theano, PyTorch, or similar
- You have proficient programming skills in C++ or python
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed startup early on, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You like the idea of working at a tech startup with all the perks that go with that- free lunch, unlimited time off, team events, and great benefits
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.