At Path we work on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. Our transformative technology, like our robotic welding system, enables hardware to do more with less human input.
We are looking for an experienced, senior mechanical design engineer who is excited to develop new hardware to improve some of the most difficult and interesting challenges in robotics. You will report to the Director of Hardware and will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing.
What You’ll Do
- Designing and developing mechanical assemblies to support our robot cells and vision systems
- Researching and analyzing specifications for OEM equipment
- Identifying areas of our standard design to reduce cost, improve performance, and ease assembly/fabrication
- Designing and fabricating tools/prototypes to support R&D efforts
Who You Are
- You have a BS in mechanical, electrical, industrial, aerospace engineering, or equivalent
- You have 5+ years of experience in mechanical design of automation equipment including technical project management roles
- You're fluent in SolidWorks, including structural and thermal FEA
- You have knowledge of common materials and finishes
- You have pneumatic system design experience
- You have ability to generate 2D drawings for manufacturing utilizing GD&T
- You have hands-on prototyping, machine shop, precision assembly experience
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed startup early on, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You like the idea of working at a tech company with all the perks that go with that- free lunch, unlimited time off, team events, and great benefits
Nice to haves
- Experience with 6-axis robotic cells & EOAT
- Welding & weld fixturing knowledge
- Working-level understanding of Power & Control systems
- Experience with PDM/PLM systems
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.