At Path we work on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. Our transformative technology, like our robotic welding system, enables hardware to do more with less human input.
We are looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to develop, evaluate, and release computer vision algorithms into production software. The role will focus on object recognition, localization, adaptive filtering and “one-shot” learning. You will report to the CTO and will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement methods to quickly and accurately find highly occluded objects in 3D point clouds
- Test and evaluate current state-of-the-art methods used for scene segmentation
- Stay abreast of new research and novel findings in the fields of computer vision and machine learning
- Work towards novel “one-shot” learning methods
- Partner with our other engineering teams in artificial intelligence, robotics, and software engineering
- 3D Point cloud matching and manipulation
Who You Are
- You have a PhD in computer vision, deep learning, or something strongly related
- You have 5+ years of research experience in developing novel computer vision algorithms or similar methods based on deep learning in such topics as image recognition, image segmentation, stereo pixel matching, geometric deep learning, object recognition using 3D spatial data.
- You have 3+ publications in machine learning
- You are proficient in Python and C/C++
- You have experience with common image or vision processing libraries including OpenCV
- You have experience with optics focusing on hardware and manipulating data
- You have used Tensorflow, Theano, or Caffe and GPU based computation in general
- You are comfortable with Git and Linux
- You are are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed company early on, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You like the idea of working at a tech startup with all the perks that go with that- free lunch, unlimited time off, team events, and great benefits
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.