We’re Path Robotics, a venture-backed startup, developing smart robots for manufacturing. Our team works together on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. The Path team has developed a transformative robotic welder. It is a system that sees, understands, and requires almost zero human input to do its job. Come join our talented team of technologists in an industry ready for a robotic revolution.
More than filling a role, we value people, their individuality, and their ideas. It takes a dedicated, supportive group of enthusiastic people to achieve our vision. We at Path Robotics need an expert in deep reinforcement learning methods who wants to continue to push the state-of-the-art forward. This individual thinks about how to make DRL faster, more efficient, and easier to apply. At Path, this person will utilize their knowledge and creativity to make robots far smarter and far more capable than ever before.
About the role.
- Develop and implements deep reinforcement learning methods for improving robotic intelligence.
- Develop internal framework for general deployment.
- Test and evaluate current state-of-the-art methods.
- Stay abreast of new research and novel findings in the fields of deep reinforcement learning and machine learning more generally.
- May work independently or collaborate with other experts in artificial intelligence, robotics, engineering, and computer science.
Your background includes:
- MS or Phd in reinforcement learning or something strongly related.
- Research experience in fully autonomous systems, learning systems, network development, data manipulation, data science.
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++.
- Experience with deep reinforcement learning, Q learning, continuous state space exploration, deep deterministic policy gradients
- Experience with Tensorflow, Theano, or Caffe and GPU based computation in general.
- Experience with CUDA and CuDNN is desirable.
- Comfortable with Git and Linux.
Compensation, Benefits, & More
One of our core values is being fair, so we like to compensate fairly! We can offer an array of compensation options including equity. We offer coverage of health, vision & dental insurance.
Path is a small startup becoming a big one. Career advancement happens fast and regularly: as we grow so do you! Working for a startup is unique. You will learn and develop yourself at a faster pace than you would at a big corporation.
Check us out: www.path-robotics.com
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Path Robotics, Inc. Core Foundation Competencies including Ethics, Integrity, Values & Trust. Path Robotics, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time