We’re Path Robotics, a venture-backed startup, developing smart robots for manufacturing. Our team works together on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, and sensors to make industrial robots intelligent. The Path team has developed a transformative robotic welder. It is a system that sees, understands, and requires almost zero human input to do its job. Come join our talented team of technologists in an industry ready for a robotic revolution.
More than filling a role, we value people, their individuality, and their ideas. It takes a dedicated, supportive group of enthusiastic people to achieve our vision. We at Path Robotics need a computer vision expert with who is highly motivated and knowledgeable to join us. This individual will be responsible for developing vision algorithms, coding, evaluating, and releasing them into production software. There will be a focus on object recognition and localization, new structured light sensor development, and one-shot learning. This engineer will apply a strong theoretical background with practical considerations to solve challenging problems.
About the role:
- Develop and implements methods to quickly and accurately find highly occluded objects in 3D point clouds.
- Test and evaluate current state-of-the-art methods used for scene segmentation.
- Stay abreast of new research and novel findings in the fields of computer vision and machine learning.
- May work towards novel “one-shot” learning methods.
- May work independently or collaborate with other experts in artificial intelligence, robotics, engineering, and computer science.
Your background includes:
- MS or Phd in computer vision, deep learning, or something strongly related.
- Research experience in developing novel computer vision algorithms or similar methods based on deep learning in such topics as image recognition, image segmentation, stereo pixel matching, geometric deep learning, object recognition using 3D spatial data.
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++.
- Experience with some common image or vision processing libraries like OpenCV or PCL.
- Experience with Tensorflow, Theano, or Caffe and GPU based computation in general.
- Experience with CUDA and CuDNN is desirable.
- Comfortable with Git and Linux.
Compensation, Benefits, & More
One of our core values is being fair, so we like to compensate fairly! We can offer an array of compensation options including equity. We offer coverage of health & dental insurance.
Path is a small startup becoming a big one. Career advancement happens fast and regularly: as we grow so do you! Working for a startup is unique. You will learn and develop yourself at a faster pace than you would at a big corporation.
Check us out: www.path-robotics.com
Path Robotics, Inc. Core Foundation Competencies including Ethics, Integrity, Values & Trust. Path Robotics, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time