Pathlight’s mission is to empower everyone to achieve their professional best. We’ve built the first platform that blends performance data with qualitative feedback and coaching to accelerate individual and team growth. We believe amazing things happen when you provide people with better tools to drive their growth and we’re seeing that coming to life for our customers, which include Clear, Brooklinen, Greenhouse, and Twilio.
We’re hiring our first product designer to help craft the next generation of tools teams use to manage and develop performance for tens of millions of workers. Driving product design, you’ll work together with our product manager and engineers, who previously built products at Asana, Google, Pinterest, Slack, and Yelp. We’re looking for a generalist that enjoys making complex systems simpler, designing collaborative experiences, and seeks deep influence of overall product strategy.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Can balance striving to create beautiful, easy to use products with effort speed and quality - we have a lot to build, and may sometimes go for ‘good enough’ to unblock a higher priority project
- Care deeply about the business needs and implications of your designs on the company’s positioning and product’s perceived value
- Are self-directed, organized and able to handle multiple, complex projects and proactively surface when timelines need to be adjusted
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that what we build is effortless to adopt and sparks moments of delight
- Dive into into complex (sometimes conceptual) problems and collaborate with others to distill problems into frameworks the team will understand and solutions our customers love
- Co-design and facilitate non-leading user interviews, participate in the discovery and validation stages in an iterative product process, and collaboratively synthesize
- Contribute in strategic and tactical ways to advance brand design, marketing, and more
- Shape, design, and potentially lead the growth of the design organization
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of product design experience building complex, data-powered products
- Empathy that will allow you to act as a champion for every person that uses or considers using Pathlight
- Curiosity and the drive to understand technical architecture and constraints that impact the potential shape of a product
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with startup teams
- Ability to code in HTML/CSS/JS
- Previously designed features with a data-visualization component
- A dog. We like dogs.
At Pathlight, we believe diversity is critical to building a product that will serve the needs of all of our users. Pathlight is committed to building an environment where people of all backgrounds can do their best work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.