About the Role
As a Product Manager at Passport, you will act as the strategic and operational leader of one or multiple products. You will be at the center of all things related to the product(s) - identifying, building and launching strategically relevant product(s) or product enhancements that solve important problems for our clients. You own the development and execution of strategic product roadmaps which should reflect market dynamics, incorporate feedback from both internal and external stakeholders, and help drive your product(s) forward. You will ensure customer and client feedback, market intelligence, and institutional knowledge are captured, prioritized and infused into the product roadmaps. You will translate this roadmap into key product features and partner closely with a variety of stakeholders across engineering, sales, marketing and operations to execute against that strategy. You will be instrumental in helping Passport’s profitable growth by making Product decisions based on sound financial through your efforts on your product(s).
You will have the opportunity to wear several hats, and you should be comfortable learning new things and taking on new responsibilities. You’ll spearhead strategic initiatives. You won’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work to turn your concepts into reality. You’ll team up with sales in the field one day, dig through spreadsheets and analytics tools another day, and deep dive with developers the next.
- Ultimately responsible for the market success or failure of your product. Own and manage the strategic direction of your product by serving as the ultimate decision-maker on what will and will not be on the product’s roadmap.
- Ensure Product roadmap aligns with Passport’s business objectives, including contributing to company OKRs. Responsible for keeping internal business partners informed on progress towards business objectives and OKRs
- Engage with clients and understand the market through client interaction, conferences and roadshows, speaking engagements, and other industry activity. Prioritize high-level buckets of work to ensure your Product is serving the needs of our existing and potential clients.
- Being the source of truth and key influencer to ensure what we are building is what we are selling by providing clear documentation, strategic rationale and supporting data for product-related decisions. This includes collaborating with client facing teams to determine which solutions are in and out of scope to close deals and ensure new clients align with current or future Product capabilities.
- As CEO of your Product, you own communication of Product vision and roadmap and providing updates on key initiatives to all levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team.
- Accountable for the successful handoff of features to the Product Owner for grooming and development while collaborating with additional internal business partners including Engineering Team Leads, Revenue Teams and Software Engineers
- Manage the product lifecycle from market research to feature release and provide expertise to inform go-to-market strategy.
- Becoming fluent with the needs of your market, clients, and end-users to drive short- and long-term product direction. This means staying on top of market trends as well as getting out into the field yourself for first-hand knowledge gathering. This also includes engaging with other teams within the company to ensure that we’re selling, building, and successfully supporting new functionality.
- Establishing metrics of success and quantitative goals for features launches and then tracking against these goals post-launch. Being the expert on product performance to help inform Product strategy.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years of experience in analytics, software or business required
- At least 2-3 years of client-facing experience required
- Previous experience building and managing a roadmap strongly preferred
- Proven track record of shipping software products that deliver business results preferred
- Experience working in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Experience engaging with engineering and technical team preferred
- B2B experience preferred
- Experience and comfort presenting roadmaps to business partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems
- A process-oriented, problem-solving, strategic, and continuous improvement mindset
- Proven ability leading cross-functional teams and working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with JIRA or similar enterprise software is a plus
- May require up to 50% travel
You are a visionary, but also a realist. You blend technical ability with business acumen. While you are not necessarily a developer, you may have tinkered and are familiar with development methodologies. You are analytical, data-driven, and you understand how to build a P&L from the ground up. You understand the connection between financial drivers and end-user metrics. You are effective at connecting long-term vision to near-term objectives.
You are detail-oriented, organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive, and you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into your product strategy. You know how to work collaboratively across teams in order to produce the strongest outputs. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization and in the market.
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall practice of product management at Passport in addition to your product line.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and streetspace through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 1,000 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Rho Capital Partners, H.I.G. Growth Partners, ThornTree Capital Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.