About the Role
Here at Passport, the majority of our sales come through a competitive procurement process, requiring our internal teams to answer government or university Requests for Proposal (“RFPs”). The proposal is a critical step in bringing new business to Passport and the Technical Writer plays a huge role in our continued success.The Technical Writer owns all technically written content, collaborating with our Product and Engineering teams to translate highly technical and complex concepts into clear, concise, and powerfully written proposal responses. In this role, the Technical Writer ensures the value proposition of Passport’s current product offerings are effectively communicated by way of writing, editing, and rewriting all proposal components to put forth the most compelling solutions possible for our clients. The Technical Writer is the “written voice” for Passport’sProposal Operations team, working with the Content Strategist to keep our library of written content current.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert on Passport’s full suite of products
- Organize meetings with the Product and Engineering Team Leads to develop and contribute bid-response strategy
- Stay current on company changes and be the voice for the team when it comes to updates
- Write and edit pre-authored, technical content, including all technical proposal components for individual bid projects to present Passport as the most compelling solution
- Work with the Content Strategist and Bid Development Manager to proactively plan for renewals where a competitive bid process will be required
- Ensure all written content is completed in one “voice”, with a consistent writing style
- Organize and format proposals in accordance with Passport’s standardized writing rules and layouts with brand guidelines as determined by Passport Marketing.
- Ensure compliance with technical requirements are met consistently
- Collaborate with members of the Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, or Product teams to ensure content is complete, accurate, and timely
- Write persuasive and accurate responses to RFPs that are read by key stakeholders in the largest cities in the world
- Execute process implementation and improvement as directed by the team leader
- Analyze all deal flow metrics to consistently improve written bid strategy and process
- Assist in strategic “Best and Final Offer” processes occurring in the later stages of the proposal process
- Share best practices across the team and with partners, ensuring Passport’s proposal process and team continues to get better every day
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of business experience, 5 years preferred, in technical or content writing roles; government and SaaS experience is a plus
- Strong grammatical skills
- Proven track record of consistently delivering and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) with the ability to work effectively across internal and client teams
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analytically and independently
- Amazing time management and organizational skills; grace under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects at the same time
- Proven experience meeting conflicting deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to learn quickly and on the fly, and then apply learnings to improve future work efforts
- Can manage ambiguity with confidence
- Comfort with regular change, and ability to be nimble/resourceful through change
- Ability to make connections across business and marketplace
***Position is located in our Charlotte Headquarters***
You strive to be the best at what you do and can work efficiently in any environment. You pride yourself on creating strong narratives, being persuasive, and being able to communicate concisely. You love partnering with other teams to get the job done and coaching teammates on better ways to do things. You are thoughtful and analytical in your approach to problem-solving and coming up with the best positioning. You are viewed as a valuable partner by all with whom you work, and you help coach your teammates. Sales people love bringing you into the loop on what’s in their pipelines. You are a really good at planning and prioritizing your work, and setting clear expectations with your partners. You have an eagle-eye when it comes to dotting i’s and crossing t’s - nothing gets past your desk without it being 100% error free. You also love ensuring that everything in a proposal matches requirements.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.