About the Role
At Passport our People Operations (POPs) team is committed to offering competitive programs that are created and implemented with a Think Simple and Scale mentality. Expanding our footprint as a best-in-class employer and operating effectively in conjunction with rapid growth becomes increasingly complex when Passporters are spread across multiple states and countries, each with specific laws and regulations. Enter POPs Operations. We’re small, yet mighty. We strive to ensure Passport programs not only comply with the law, but also push the envelope towards what’s next, all in the name of People First. Reporting to our People Operations Director, the POPs HR Operations Analyst will contribute towards, and help execute against these goals.
As our first POPs Operations hire, you’ll own a broad range of responsibilities with the unique opportunity to further specialize your career trajectory as the team continues to expand. The HR Operations Analyst will own the maintenance and administration of Passport’s benefits, compensation and compliance programs. Key initiatives will include, but aren’t limited to: benefits enrollment, branding, and awareness; compensation cycle planning and benchmarking analysis; policy creation, implementation, and management; administration of compliant and well-documented leaves of absence and reasonable accommodations; owning the end-to-end management of annual compliance reporting; captaining our HCM evaluation and implementation project; and helping further define and drive Passport’s immigration strategy.
- Curate and organize benefit information materials for Open Enrollment, New Hire Orientation, and Qualifying Life Events, including updating intranet portal and crafting monthly Benefits Spotlight communications, to ensure accurate representation and delivery of offerings for current and prospective Passporters. Compile and distribute monthly analytics package on usage and enrollment
- Generate, launch, and manage communications and activities for annual Open Enrollment process, Health & Wellness Week, and other benefits-related initiatives, including identifying and coordinating appropriate onsite and web-based education seminars
- Act as an escalation liaison for inquiries and complaints between Passporters and benefit vendors, ensuring accurate and timely responses and resolutions are provided
- Work with the benefits broker, carriers, and payroll to reconcile benefit invoices and statements including but not limited to leave pay, COBRA, and life event changes
- Manage all leaves of absence and Reasonable Accommodation administration for employees, including meeting with employees, creating leave schedules, managing certification processes, coordinating efforts among necessary partners of the interactive process, maintaining accurate tracking and documentation, and ensuring all LOAs and Reasonable Accommodations are in compliance with coordinating federal, state, and local regulations
- Perform job matching and market pricing in addition to administering Passport’s annual compensation cycle planning and supporting ad-hoc benchmarking needs
- Partner with Sr. HR Analyst to analyze and forecast outcomes of our compensation program, offering data-supported insights and recommendations to maintain competitive edge
- Conduct ongoing market research to understand best practices, trends, and effectiveness against our framework, attrition analysis and offer negotiation strategy
- Act as the custodian of personnel records and facilitate preparation efforts required for regulatory and ad hoc personnel audits
- Serve as HR Compliance agent and advisor - keep abreast of federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations, recommend policy and procedure amendments or additions where we may be out of compliance, maintain and update Passport’s Employee Handbook and Policy Library, and generate and monitor the accuracy of compliance reporting requirements for multi-state and global operations, including 1095-C, ACA Compliance, and EEO-1 reporting
- Partner closely with Legal and Learning & Development stakeholders in the education, execution, and annual monitoring of compliance training, including Harassment and other compliance-related training
- Establish and maintain library of People Operations processes, making recommendations for workflow improvements, publishing processes and updating within Passport’s intranet, educating the POPs team on implemented enhancements, and communicating to partners and stakeholders as necessary
- Partner with People Operations Director to further define and drive immigration strategy
- Act as a liaison between employees and external immigration counsel to administer the immigration process including but not limited to visa filing, amendments, and renewals
- Four-year degree, or equivalent role-related experience
- 3+ years of progressive compensation and benefits related experience
- Experience in compensation processes and practices, particularly working with compensation survey data, market pricing, and salary structure development
- Excellent Excel skills, including experience with vlookup, pivot tables, array formulas, and data modeling/analytics
- Experience with SQL, including expertise in running queries, downloading raw data files through APIs, and creating data analytic dashboards preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of benefits administration, policy communication and administration, FMLA, COBRA
- Keen attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
- Strong business and consultative skills including initiating, conducting, and facilitating discussions with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Experience with Payfactors a plus
- Experience managing immigration processes and liaising with external immigration counsel a plus
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and utilize appropriate tact and professionalism
- Ability to travel on a semi-annual to quarterly basis for up to one week
You are creative and solutions-oriented bringing a unique combination of compensation, benefits, and compliance know-how. You have laser-sharp attention to detail with a keen ability to think big-picture and operate confidently among shades of gray--all while nimbly flexing to the needs of a continually evolving business.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.