About the Role
Passport is looking for a Software Systems Engineer, Support Services who will be the front-line problem solver when customer issues arise. The Systems Analyst is responsible for determining root-cause software flaws through case intake and research and developing technical solutions to improve product functionality for customer operations. Piqued your interest? Read on.
- Receive incoming software-related Customer Support cases for clients, and conduct research to determine the root cause
- Scope out new product functionality, enhancements, exports, imports, stored procedures and software jobs to handle the operations of customers’ always-evolving business rules
- Develop external functionality to perform scoped product changes, designing stored procedures, SQL functions and views, and import and export data mappings
- Liaise professionally and effectively with customers to resolve challenges, providing detailed instructions to correct configurations, facilitate additional product trainings, and/or provide interim solutions until software flaw is remediated internally
- Prepare detailed documentation, instructing how to reproduce software flaw, and escalate to Development team for resolution
- Ability to step through and debug code. References for github projects is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create and run complex SQL, including setup of interfaces, stored procedures, and custom tasks
- Demonstrated ability writing SQL queries, including multiple table joins
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge and hands on experience with scripting languages (Node.js or Python) and their ecosystems (npm, nvm, pip, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of or experience using software reporting tools, such as Telerik or Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of gitlab, docker and AWS console is a plus
- At least 1 year of full-time experience in DevOps, systems administration, or application development
- At least 1 year of experience supporting applications in a production environment
- Experience with a Cloud Platform such as AWS (preferred), Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- High proficiency and ability to demonstrate the use of parking-industry software systems
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.