About the Role
As an Associate Product Manager at Passport, you will help drive the financial, operational, and technical success of Passport’s Parking products, including Mobile Payment, Digital Permits and Citation Management. You will work with Product Managers and the other teams (e.g. Engineering, Sales) to translate the product vision and strategy into stories and requirements that allow the Engineering team to build even better products for our clients.
- Assist in the planning and development of new product features and enhancements spanning multiple products (e.g. Mobile Payment, Digital Permits and Citation Management).
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Design and Engineering to develop a backlog of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Write requirements for documentation that is shared with the Engineering team
- Develop a keen understanding of market opportunity, business value and risk to help inform prioritization decisions.
- Review engineering demos and perform additional user acceptance testing
- Analyze transactional data, app metrics, and ancillary data streams in order to develop new insights and inform product direction
- Track, triage, and help resolve defects and bugs. Advise on interim operational solutions with Product Support and Engineering.
- Coordinate and liaise with high stakes, ad hoc product development projects among clients and internal stakeholders
- Produce or review new business contracts and scopes of work to ensure timely and complete product delivery
- Prepare training materials and advise on marketing collateral
- Perform and report on competitive analyses. Stay abreast of market dynamics, and suggest ideas for consideration in future development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in a business analyst or product management role is a plus
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate between technical and non-technical language
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, and also collaborate with others
- Experience with SaaS companies is a plus
- Interest in mobility systems and transportation policy
- Experience with JIRA or similar enterprise development tools is a plus
- Prototyping skills with Sketch, InVision, or similar programs is a plus
You are a visionary, but also a realist. You blend technical ability with business acumen. While you are not necessarily a developer, you may have tinkered and are familiar with development methodologies. You understand the connection between financial drivers and end-user metrics. You are effective at connecting long-term vision to near-term objectives.
You are detail-oriented, organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive, yet you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into the product strategy. You know how to work collaboratively across teams in order to produce the strongest outputs. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization and in the market.
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall practice of product management at Passport as much as supporting the product lines themselves.
Passport transforms the way cities manage their operations. The fintech company’s mobile-first platform has been adopted by more than 450 cities, universities, and private operators around the world in cities including Chicago, Toronto, London, and Miami, across more than 5,000 locations. Passport’s product lines – parking, transit and tolling payments, parking enforcement, and permit management – enable organizations in the public and private sectors to streamline their operations, enhance customer service, and make data-driven decisions. Consistently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies and Best Places to Work in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport has an ingrained practice of putting People First – a guiding principle in its culture.
Passport is backed by a group of investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital and Relevance Media.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.