About the Role
As Manager, Implementation Engineering at Passport, you will be at the center of our implementation efforts to lead a team of Implementation Engineers who have a knack for developing solutions to ambiguous technical software requirements and install hardware. You will collaborate with other managers and leaders including Project Management and Development teams to build and grow the Implementation. You will also ensure hardware installations stay on schedule and are performed at superior levels. You will oversee and support multiple implementation projects (parking, citations, and permits) that facilitate our clients’ business operations. In doing so, you will identify, design for, and solve technical challenges that arise from scaling our business at a fast pace.
Since our Implementation Engineers play such a critical role liaising between our clients and our software engineers, a background in technology (educational, professional, or otherwise) and an aptitude for solving ambiguous technical issues within the team will be advantageous to a new hire!
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a team of Implementation Engineers to build, deliver, and continuously improve upon processes and reporting tools
- Coach and develop your team to successfully keep up with the changing business environment, provide technical and market guidance, and deliver solutions that continue to improve our clients’ operations; you will manage work for the team and may act as a player/coach
- Monitor all requests and provide appropriate training to Implementation Engineers to ensure efficient deployment of all systems
- Digging in on the details of technical and data challenges, and building solutions
- Communicating and working effectively with multidimensional and cross-functional teams to create a dynamic and complementary force within Passport, its partners, and customers while ensuring compliance to all client requirements
- Using experience to offer and implement creative and unique solutions; making connections between previously successful models to the current technical solution
- Setting and resetting priorities for self, team, and then influencing the priorities for the integrated solution so that the best outcome is achieved
- Evaluate all management information reports and ensure achievement of all team objectives
You love tackling challenging problems and you are not intimidated by data, and instead find it incredibly interesting and energizing - you strive for simplifying data into its most user-friendly form. You have experience and a passion for leading and coaching implementation teams. You aspire to meet project timelines and create world-class solutions. You are collaborative, your team respects you, you have strong technical capabilities, and you can juggle tasks and priorities. You take pride in your work and inspire others to do the same. You thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. You can balance short and long-term objectives. You are constantly learning and sharing knowledge
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to excellence in your field, you’re excited to join and regularly improve our Implementation team at Passport
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years required in a technical supervisory position, either leading a small team or long-term individual effort
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role with demonstrated ability to think on your feet and outside-of-the-box—adaptability is key
- Exemplary organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and long-range projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Highly analytical
- A team player attitude, promoting Passport’s cultural pillars
- Ability to learn relevant programming languages (Ex: Jupiter, Panda Scripts, Python etc)
*Ability to travel up to 25% annually
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit www.passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.