About the Role
As a Sales Business Development Representative, you will have a critical role in driving pieces of Passport’s strategic plan and growth strategy. You will provide support to our Sales team by researching business trends and information, identifying potential leads, developing productive relationships with key decision-makers at Passport prospects, and setting meetings to build our book of business. Your primary responsibility will be to book qualified meetings with key contacts within target accounts for the Sales Executives and to ensure they are attended.
- Make outbound calls and send emails to identify, engage, qualify, and book meetings with key contacts
- Track all activity through Salesforce
- Be a great team player - Our team is competitive and one of the best in the industry, and we have the data to prove it
- Research prospects, deal value, and other key information to help you build a better plan for building business
- Generate your own leads using various tools such as social media, networking, and databases
- Partner with the Sales team and prospects to identify and communicate needs and schedule appointments
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Client Success, Proposal teams) that will have direct insight into the sales process
- Attend weekly sales meetings to update sales leaders (and others), and come prepared to present on call activity and what's in the pipeline
- Leverage data to improve your game on a day-to-day basis, and constantly strive for stronger performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related fields
- Preferred: 1-3 years experience of proven inside sales and track record securing meetings with top-level decision maker
- Self-motivated and holds self accountable to metrics
- Strong networking skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate; a positive and optimistic outlook is critical
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Systems (Salesforce or similar)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must have a terrific and persuasive phone presence. You should like to be on the phone and talk to people you've never met to identify needs and set meetings. People enjoy talking to you too and listen more than they hang up.
- You have the ability to get people to open and respond to your emails in a positive way
- As part of the sales team, you are key to the meeting sales objectives but are ok not being the one who closes the sale
- You're well organized with effective time and activity management skills
- You have the ability to manage multiple tasks
- You've got the energy and stamina to work well in a fast-paced environment
- You're wildly curious to learn about technology, marketing, and sales
You are a good fit for this role if you have a proven track record of being highly motivated, driven by ambitious goals, and are self-directed. You are a problem solver and don’t get sidelined by roadblocks and objections, rather you efficiently work through them to find the right solution. You are obsessed with driving growth. You’re goal oriented (you will have monthly and quarterly goals). You understand the ins and outs of the sales cycle. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re generating leads and setting meetings. You know how to work with others, and champion teamwork. You are confident and great at thinking on your feet. You speak with confidence and conviction. You are resilient and you learn from adversity. You measure everything. You are competitive. You have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team while demonstrating flexibility, autonomy, and initiative. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey solutions to prospects, existing clients, and stakeholders across the organization and in the market.
As someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall sales team and drive growth objectives at Passport.
*Willingness to travel up to 10%
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.