About the Role
As a Sales Executive at Passport, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth in your assigned region. The Sales Executive is uniquely positioned to understand client needs, Passport’s solution set, and the broader market / industry, and use this knowledge to build long-term client relationships and accelerate the overall business. You will work creatively and collaboratively with internal teams across Marketing, Product, Engineering, Client Success, etc. to problem-solve and bring insights to our customers.
- Creating and driving a business plan within your region to acquire new clients through focused, data-driven sales and relationship building strategies
- Building and maintaining a full pipeline of business, spending time caring for both top of funnel and bottom of funnel opportunities, documenting associated prospect and client touch-points real-time in CRM system (e.g. delivering web demos, making cold calls to new prospects, executing marketing programs, presenting in-person to clients, attending trade shows)
- Leading with the client in mind, and achieving individual, team, and organizational quotas associated with revenue generation and margins
- Partnering with Client Success team to cross/up-sell additional opportunities with existing customers
- Collaborating with various stakeholders (e.g. Proposal, Product, and Implementation teams) to ensure pricing, product offerings, and timelines are accurately reflected in all RFPs and contracts, and sharing key client feedback with internal teams to continuously improve our products and internal processes
- Following guidelines associated with the sales team (e.g. Request for Proposal guidelines, pricing guidelines, contracting policy)
- Driving to exceed metrics; planning a budget and staying within that budget for all travel and associated expenses
- Building a personal brand in the broader industry through partnerships, industry events, online presence, public speaking engagement and joining committees/boards/organizations
- Championing the Passport brand internally and externally, so that all who work with you know that you are a proud and positive member of the Passport team
- Monitoring implementation pipeline to run strategic plays around launches
- Developing and maintaining relationships with prospects in key markets around the region
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- At least 5 years of business experience, preferably in B2B sales or marketing roles or with SaaS experience; government experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of sales tools such as SalesForce and ClearSlide
- Proven track record of consistently delivering at and above quota
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel and Google spreadsheets, and analyzing sales forecast and pipeline data
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) with the ability to work effectively across internal and client teams
You are obsessed with driving growth. You understand the ins and outs of the sales cycle and are confident in closing deals. You are detail-oriented, organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re managing a relationship and bringing in business. You know how to work with others, and champion teamwork. You are confident in presenting to large and small audiences and great at thinking on your feet. You are resilient and you learn from adversity. You measure everything. You are competitive. You have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team while demonstrating flexibility, autonomy, and initiative. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey solutions to prospects, existing clients, and stakeholders across the organization and in the market.
As someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall sales team and drive growth objectives at Passport.
Willingness to travel up to 40%.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and streetspace through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.